Gangtey is categorised as Experiential
Reasons to Visit
- Gangtey is a U shaped glacial valley named after the Gangteng Monastery in central Bhutan.
- Gangtey (also known as Phobjikha Valley) is the winter home of the Black Necked Cranes who on arrival circle the monastery three times as well as while returning back to Tibet.
- Gangtey Valley is known for its marshland, scenic and cultural uniqueness. An area of the valley has been declared as a protected area for the protection of the nature.
- Gangtey Valley celebrates the colourful musk dance festival of Bhutan and the Crane festival each year during the winters.
- Gangtey Valley is enclosed by mountain ranges and experiences snowfall during the winters.
- Nearest Airport -Paro (170 kms)
Hotels approved and listed with Nivalink
1 verified holiday itineraries are listed for Gangtey
|Holiday (7 or more)||1|
Click here - For reviewing summary, detailed itinerary, route map, access points, expert comments, departure dates (where applicable), rates and customisation options
- Ultimate Bhutan by Road (13 Nights)
For an itinerary customised to your tastes and preferences email to
firstname.lastname@example.org or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel planners.
For any other transport services for
email to email@example.com
or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel assistants.
Add Ons approved and listed with Nivalink.
For expert insights and recommendations - email to
No special features listing found for Gangtey