Monsoon is when guests arrive at majority of destination for getaways and nature centric experiences. The area turns misty, countryside is green and lovely and therefore best for a relaxed getaway. Some of the popular areas for Monsoon area.
Monsoon is also a period when most good hotels have discounted rates and therefore its a good idea to arrive at a luxury retreat over weekends for an experience. Sectors that are popular for Short Breaks in Monsoon area especially combining with stays in premium / luxury lakeside retreats:
Check the getaways section for some getaway retreats and getaway / Short Break packages.
- Kerala (Backwaters / Houseboat and Fort Cochin)
- Coorg and Nagarhole in Karnataka (Plantations and Wildlife)
- Pachmarhi (Idyllic Hill Stations)
- Monsoon destinations in Maharashtra (Hamlets that come alive in monsoon such as Bhandardara, Saputara, Amboli, Panhala, Amba Ghat etc.)
Monsoon is also the time to head for some lovely drives. Some of the popular driving routes are:
Driving routes can be customised based on start point and number of days on hand. email to email@example.com for recommendations on the detailed routes.
- Coastal Maharashtra
- Coastal Karnataka
- Plantations around Coorg
- Maharashtra Pilgrimage circuit (Jyotirlinga / Ashtavinayak)
- East Coast Road (Tamilnadu)
While monsoon is prevalent all over India, some of the destinations in North India such as Sangla Valley, Spiti Valley and Ladakh do not have a monsoon being in a shadown region. These are remote destinations and for them June - Sept is a high season and best time to travel there. Therefore anyone looking for a full fledged itinerary
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org for any guidance (no-obligation, Free of charge) you may require for planning any itinerary within India.