All sections within www.nivalink.com
domain are developed and Maintained by Nivalink Tours and Travels Pvt. Ltd. Nivalink is a Travel Research organization and it earns commissions from respective resorts for making reservations.
Position of Nivalink Vis a Vis Hotels / Service Providers
- Nivalink is a Travel Research organization and it earns commissions from respective resorts for making reservations.
- Nivalink under no conditions should be assumed to be Authorised Agent / Official / Special Agent / GSA for the Hotel/Resort/Service Provider.
- Nivalink is an independent entity that facilitates reservations and should be under no circumstances to be assumed as the “local representative”.
Position of Nivalink Vis a Vis Deficiency of Service
- Nivalink personnel have verified information listed on the www.nivalink.com. All options will not be suitable for all segments of guests and therefore guests are expected to take their own decisions and form their own judgments based on information available. When in doubt, before making a reservation the guests are expected to raise queries and clarify issues if any.
- Nivalink is a travel planning service and strives to give suggestions as per best available information. However in case any shortfall in services (as against what is promised or what can be reasonably expected for such a service) by any hotel or service provider is established, Nivalink would stand responsible for making appropriate refunds. All offline reservations for hotels listed on Nivalink and service providers recommended by Nivalink are covered under this policy.
- For Online Reservations liability is limited to the full amount of reservation, in the rare event of rooms not available at the time of check in. Guests are requested to do their own due diligence on the hotels listed before making online reservations and are advised to visit Nivalink links, Customer Reviews listed alongside online reservations and if required take help of the Nivalink personnel in the hotel selection process.
Position of Nivalink Vis a Vis Cancellations and postponements
- For any reason if the hotel or service provider or Nivalink has cancelled the reservations (Overbooking, wrong booking or any other reason), then immediate refund shall be given to the guest without any deduction.
- For any cancellation made by the guest, service tax amount will not be refunded.
- For any cancellation made by the guest, Nivalink mirrors Cancellation and Postponement policy of the Hotel / Service Provider. Guests are expected to verify hotel cancellation and postponement policies. Following possibilities exist here:
- City hotels may levy 1 or more night cancellation charge if cancelled before a specified period of time as per their cancellation policy.
- Leisure segment hotels / resorts may levy charges if cancelled within a time limit before the reservation as per their cancellation policy.
- Remote location hotels may not offer any refunds or may offer postponements with some terms and conditions attached.
- Hotels / Service Providers in Peak Season (e.g. Goa in Christmas, Sonamarg in Amarnath Yatra Period) may not offer any refunds and charge for postponements or re-adjustment of dates.
- Hotels / Service Providers have stricter last minute cancellation policies. Hotels / Service Providers are not responsible for connecting events related to the access (in event of your flight being cancelled, hotel may not offer any refunds).
- Nivalink levies a cancellation service charge for processing cancellations made by the guest. Following are possibilities:
- Some Hotels / Service Providers may take some time for refunds and some hotels / Service Providers may expect Nivalink or guest to adjust the amount in future reservations. Guests have to wait till this happens. Nivalink will update the guest on a regular basis on the status of the adjustment / refunds.
- For peak dates Some Hotels / Service Providers may not allow for any refunds or adjustment and would expect guest to travel anytime in a specified period of time. Nivalink will issue a credit note to the guest, which can be availed in the specified time direct with the hotels / Service Providers.
- For peak dates Some Hotels / Service Providers may not give any refunds. Nivalink will be able to refund the commission amount it earned from the reservation.
- Payment is never held by Nivalink on behalf of the hotel and is always dispatched to the hotel / Service Provider within 48 hours of the receipt to ensure that the room is held on a firm basis.
- Under any circumstances Nivalink is bound by the Hotel / Service Providers rules and will process cancellations and will act as per that. Nivalink is obliged to do co-ordination on behalf of the guest. However in case of any legal dispute related to refunds, cancellations, postponements etc., guest will have to take that up directly with the hotel / Service Provider management. Nivalink will be obliged to provide all contact details, documentation and other support to facilitate such an action, as the guest or guest’s legal counsel may require it. However on-site representation of the case will not be possible.
- All refunds will be made by the same mode as the payment was made. Refunds for credit card payments will be done via a credit back to the card. In this case MSF (Merchant Service Fee - 3%) on refund amount will not be refunded by the bank and therefore be bourne by the guest. In event of a credit card not in use, guests may be asked to provide alternative means of refunds. Any cost related to the alternative means, will have to be bourne by the guest and refund will be paid after deducting the charge.
Foreign Currency Transactions / Overseas Payments
- Any Hotel / Services confirmation note stating rupee amount and accepted via rupee payment channels such as payment gateway and bank transfers, guest will be given credit for actual rupee credited in the account and no further charges are leviable.
- Any Hotel / Services confirmation note stating rupee amount and overseas guest paying via Credit Cards, then actual amount charged on the card will depend on the rate of exchange (ROE) decided between guest issuing bank and the card channel (Mastercard / Visa etc.)
- Nivalink does not levy any additional charges or levies on credit card payments except in case of flight tickets, train reservations and services where it does not make sufficient commissions from the end service provider (Airlines etc.) to cover for the merchant commission fee (MSF) charged by the bankers / payment gateway on the credit card transactions.
- Any Hotel / Services confirmation note stating foreign currency amount and accepted via rupee payment channels such as payment gateway, if guest is billed to the card more than the invoiced amount then difference will be refundable.
- Any Hotel / Services confirmation note stating rupee amount and any estimation provided to guest in terms of possible equivalent foreign currency payable, the amount so stated will remain as an estimation and actual amount will depend on the rate of exchange (ROE) at the time of the transaction.
- Except credit card (Payment Gateway, Swipe, IVR, Cell pay etc.), every other means of transfer (Paypal, Western Union, Bank Transfer etc.), guest will be required to bear the transaction cost of making the transfer if any.
- Payment shall be recognised only when it arrives either with Payment Gateway or with the Bank and no payments in transit or ones made and not received at the Nivalink end shall be considered responsibility of Nivalink. Due diligence need to be made by guests while transferring payments in making sure that correct details and methods are used as recommended by the Nivalink personnel.
Nivalink applies exactly the same Hotel/Service provider cancellation policy and any refunds applicable will be issued only after Nivalink has received the same from the Hotel/Service provider. Service charges are applicable for processing cancellation.
Cancellation Charges levied by Nivalink
|Hotels || 5% of the amount subject to a max of Rs. 1000 |
|Transport and Travel services other than Flights || 5% of the amount subject to a max of Rs. 1000 |
|Flight Tickets || Rs. 100 per passenger per segment |
- Above Cancellation Charges are over and above what hotels / service provider / flight operator may charge as part of the reservation / cancellation policy.
- Refunds for Credit Card payments will be issued as a credit reversal on card. The amount credited on the card will be after deducting 3% MSF (Merchant Service Fee that payment gateway charges merchants for credit card payments and does not refund even when the transaction is part of fully cancelled).
- Above is not be applicable in cases of cancellation on account of Natural Calamity (Floods, bad weather) and unforeseen travel circumstances (Flight cancellation).
- Service Tax collected and paid to Govt. of India is not recoverable and therefore not refunded even in cases of Natural Calamity (Floods, bad weather) and unforeseen travel circumstances (Flight cancellation).
For any clarification of the above you may write to email@example.com