Udai Bilas Palace – A Lakeside heritage getaway
Udai Bilas Palace is a lakeside heritage getaway at Dungarpur, which lies about 2 ½ hours from Udaipur and 3 hours from Ahmedabad. Udai Bilas Palace lies around a green area full of lakes and natural beauty with rich tribal heritage.
Udai Bilas Palace overlooks Gaib Sagar lake on one side and a cove of private reserve forest on the other offering 23 rooms and suites offering facilities like Swimming pool and a restaurant.
Guests explore heritage character, cultural heritage and birds around the area
* The Juna Mahal - 13th century palace resembles a fortress with crenellated walls, turrets and narrow entrances and passage-ways. Inside, one will see the most colorful and vibrant palaces embellished with frescoes, miniature paintings, glass and mirror inlay work
* Guests can visit many unspoiled Bheel hamlets in and around the town and get treated to special shows of tribal music and dancing at the palace itself.
* Excursions can be arranged to the 8th century AD ancient temple ruins of Arthuna ( 80 km), the 14th century temple of Rishabdeo noted for its intricate carvings and precious stone-studded idol of Lord Kesariyaji (45 km), the impressive white marble Muslim shrine at Galiakot, the Mecca of the Bohra sect of Islam (60 kms), the 12th century temple of Deo Somnath (25 km) and many temples in Dungarpur town itself.
* Area in and around Udai Bilas palace is teeming with Bird life from August – March and therefore
Bheels from this region and from the neighbouring states of Madhya Pradesh and Gujarat can be seen at their best during the annual tribal fair at Baneshwar temple around 70 km from Dungarpur where they assemble in large numbers.
Seasonality – October To March Recommended Stay Duration – 2 nights
- Udai Bilas Palace is recommended as Exclusive Experiential Heritage Getaways in Rajasthan