Shaheen Bagh / Walterre Experience
(Nivalink Trip Dated - 15 May 2013)
Shaheen Bagh / Walterre are twin luxury bungalows set on the outskirts of Dehradun (200 kms from Chandigarh and 250 kms from Delhi) and offering stylish accommodation and homely nature centric stay experience.
The house, with an adjoining cottage, is located on a 7-acre estate verdant with fruit orchards, many species of exotic and rare plants and trees. The landscaped gardens, spread across five levels, are a visual delight with their watercourses, lily pools and picturesque pathways.
There are several walking routes that could be explored here
* Bhitali Village Duration 1 Hrs. (Easy)
* Shigally to Kimari Plant Duration 1.30 Hrs. (Modrate)
* Shantala Devi Temple 3 Hrs. (Moderate)
* SAL jungle from Shaheen Bagh 2Hrs. (Modrate)
* Tons River Adventure 2 Hrs. (Difficult)
Shaheen Bagh / Walterre are recommended for serious Bird watchers. Dehradun Valley and its neighbouring hills, Asan Barrage near Paonta Sahib (50 kms), hills of Chakrata, Mussoorie and Dhaunalti and areas bordering Rajaji National Park are all excellent for bird watching and can be accessed from Shaheen Bagh / Ivy Lodge.
Recommended Stay Duration: 2-3 nights Seasonality-Throughout
- Shaheen Bagh is recommended as Experiential Homestays and Small Hotels in and around Dehradun
- Walterre Resort is recommended as Experiential Homestays and Small Hotels in and around Dehradun