Roopangarh Fort – An experiential heritage getaway
Roopangarh Fort (1648), built originally as a vast war Fort, has been restored and renovated into an experiential heritage hotel offering 20 rooms and suites.
Experiential travelers have a number of options to explore and experience the area:
* Fort with its underground tank, secret passage, jail and other historic buildings. Sunset Views when seen from the highest point are spectacular.
* A Heritage walk in the village of Roopangarh, which boasts of one main high street with its crafts, traditions and festivities and explore the spirit of a lesser known India.
* Camel/Horse Safari and ramble in the countryside especially to edge of the desert.
* Stepwell (Chor bawri) of Salemabad, the exquisite marble cenotaph at Karkeri.
* Flamingoes and other wild water birds visit the sambhar lake salt flats-the largest inland salt lake.
Roopangarh has a distinct off-beat fervour and excellent for heritage travelers and those who are looking to explore the “Real India”.
Recommended Stay Duration – 1 night
- Roopangarh Fort is recommended as Experiential Heritage Retreats on Ajmer - Shekhawati Route