Rinchepong Village Resort getaway
Rinchenpong (5000+ asl), Namchi(5000+ asl), Ravangla (6000+ asl) are some of the hamlets in South and South West Sikkim that provide off-beat and experiential stays while being in close proximity to some of the important monasteries of the area.
Rinchepong Village Resort at Kaluk in Rinchepong area is spread over 40 acres offering cottage type accommodation. Here guests can experience Sikkim countryside, farming and unspoilt rural backdrop. The rooms and cottages offers views of the Mt. Khangchendzonga.
Rinchepong village resort is from where one can trek around the area. Guests have several soft trekking routes to chose from as under. Longer multi-day treks can also be arranged.
* Trek to local Monastery.
* 8 KM circular trek.
* Village trek.
* Trek to Bersey Rhododendron Sanctuary
Places to visit around the area comprise
* Sai Mandir at Daramdin, West Sikkim
* Singshore Bridge (2nd Asia highest Bridge)
* Samduptse (Statue of Guru Padmasambhava)
* Temi Tea Garden (Organic)
* Heritage House (constructed in 1860)
* Rinchenpong Monastery
* Khechipodi Lake
* Stone Thrown of 1st Coronation King of Sikkim at Yuksom
* Hot Spring (Taato Paani) at Legship (During winter Season)- can spend 1 or 2 nights as you wish.
* Visit Rabongla where 123 feet tall statue of Buddha is under construction.
* River rafting at Teesta.
Rinchepong Village Resort could be a destination resort from where guests can explore area around and enjoy a comfortable accommodation and nature centric experience.
Recommended stay – 2-3 nights Season – Oct – May
- Green Hills Resort is recommended as Experiential and offbeat traveller stays in Sikkim