Kikar Lodge Getaway
Kikar Lodge is nestled in the foothills of the Shivaliks, The Kikar Lodge- India's first Private Forest Reserve is spread over 1800 acres and is, located barely a few kilometres from the “Ropar Wetlands” and 70 kms from Chandigarh.
Kikar Lodge represents an activity centric luxury getaway. Kikar Lodge is an excellent getaway for those who want to involve in some outdoor activities or for those who just want to do nothing and chill out.
Kikar lodge offers largest set of activities offered by any getaway resort in India.
* Indoors - Table tennis, Carom, Board games, Pool, Golf Simulator.
* Outdoors - Cricket, volleyball, badminton, dart board, basketball and water polo. Guests can also enjoy horse riding, buffalo cart rides or tractor rides.
* Explore the Satluj riverside, a visit can be arranged on request. The river also provides ample opportunies for keen anglers and a fishing license be arranged on prior notice.
* Walking-Bird Watching - Guests can go for a walk through the marked trails in the 1800 acres of reserved forest. The area has more than 180 species of birds in the forest surrounding the Lodge.
* Safaris - Guests can choose various options of horse safaris ranging from full day to overnight camping.
* Adventure - Rappeling (80 ft), obstacle course, paint ball, simulated war game scenarios, Quad bike on specially designed tracks, Fly on Zip Lines (The longest Zip Line Tour in South Asia).
* Wildlife - Quiet walk up to the Kikar tree and bask in the glorious sunrise/ sunset views or spot wild animals while on an open jeep drive. One can spot barasingha(Not so often), leopard (Not so often), wild boars, barking dear, sambhar etc.
* Wellness - Forest Spa where trained masseurs offer spa treatments.
Kikar Lodge is an excellent Flight getaway for those looking for a bit of adventure, fun, relaxation and away from touristy ambience.
Guest getting in and out of Kikar Lodge can also visit nearby Anandpur Sahib (Sikh Pilgrimage Centre), Nainadevi and Mansadevi (Significant Devi Temples near Ropar and Panchkula resp.)
Stay duration – Typical stay is 2 nights. 3-4 nights are recommended to fully explore available activity options.
- The Kikar Lodge is recommended as Getaway Resorts around Chandigarh