Khimsar Fort is a Palace hotel 90 kms north of Jodhpur enroute to Nagaur, spread over 11 acres bordering the Thar Desert. The hotel is set in countryside with sand dunes around it. Khimsar is one of the best introductions to the real hinterland of India and an opportunity to enjoy true Rajput hospitality of the friendly royal family and the staff. Experiences on offer at Khimsar comprise
* Visit the inhouse, ancestral museum of miniature paintings and family memorabilia.
* Walk into the handicraft shop with articles personally handpicked by the members of the royal family.
* Ride into the village or the countryside on horse or camel back or rent a bicycle.
* Witness the revival of Rajasthan's ancient handicrafts by visiting the local cobbler, goldsmith, potter, weaver and stonemason.
* Use the inhouse telescope to stargaze in the clear starlit night.
* The piece de resistance at Khimsar is a candle lit dinner set in the ancient ruins of Fateh Mahal
Excursions around the area comprise
* Camel/horse safari in the village or to the nearby sand dunes
* A personalised jeep safari to the Black Buck Reserve (15 km away)
* Picnic tea atop the famous Panchala sand dunes and watch the sun dip into the marvelous desert countryside.
* A day trip to Bikaner (150 km) enroute the Rat Temple at Deshnoke, Nagaur Fort, the 8th century Jain temples at Osian can be made comfortably.
Khimsar is recommended for guests looking for an exclusive desert experience, a grand palace experience, exclusive heritage getaway and an experiential heritage getaway experience.
Recommended Stay Duration: 2 nights