Kandath Tharavad – Experiential Homestay
Kandath Tharavad is a 200-year-old heritage home and an experiential homestay near Palakkad.
Guests here can opt for wide ranging activities and experiences at Kandath Tharavad such as:
* Trekking into Silent valley National Park
* Trekking at Nelliyampathy Hills ( Day Trip)
* A visit to Prambikkulam Wildlife Sanctuary ( Day Trip)
* Birdwatching at Parambikkulam ( Day Trip)
* Fishing Excursion to Siruvani Lake ( Day Trip)
* A House Boat ride in the Back waters ( Day Trip)
* A visit to Kerala Kalamandalam (School of dance and music) and to the Guruvayoor Elephant stables (Day Trip)
* Toddy Tapping
* A session with the family Astrologer
* Cooking classes on Tharavad dishes with the cook
* Learn Yoga and Meditation at the Tharavad
* Experience a Rejuvenation Ayurveda Massage
* Bicycle through the winding roads in the countryside
* Dance and Music: A private performance of Indian Classical Dance and Music
Kandath Tharavad is very popular with inbound traveler looking to explore cultural elements of South India and also enjoy an authentic homestay experience.
Season: October to May Recommended Stay Duration : 2-3 nights.
- Tharavad Homestay is recommended as Standalone Homestays in Kerala