Hodka Village is a rural stay experience at 60 kms from Bhuj towards Indo-Pak border. Sham E Sarhad resort as it’s called, is where guests enjoy a unique experience of being hosted by the local community.
Designed in local mud architectural style, and exquisitely decorated with mirror work, textiles and other local crafts, the Shaam-e-Sarhad Village Resort is a rural gateway to explore the rich and diverse heritage of a Kutchh.
Activities here comprise
* Guided visit to several artisan communities where you marvel at the beauty of embroideries, leather works, lacquer work, weaving, block printing. Crafts workshops can be organized upon request.
* Wild life / Birds including flamingos, pelicans, nilgai, foxes, wild ass (rarely) and the evasive leopard. Bird watching excursions to the wetlands of Chhari Dhandh
* A visit to the Than Monastery
* An excursion to the isolated Jat communities;
* A day trip to Dholavira, India's largest archaeological site belonging to the renowned Indus Valley (Harappan) Civilization.
Evenings experience comprises traditional dinners, folk music performances, bonfire nights, star-gazing and more interaction with the people of Hodka.
Hodka is a must for experiential travelers and those who would want to explore beyond the regular standardized hospitality. As accommodation in Hodka is simple, guests looking for more comfortable accommodations must stay at Bhuj instead.
Recommended stay Duration – 2-3 nights Seasonality – October To March
- Shaam - E - Sarhad is recommended as Popular Experiential stays in Gujarat