Gurudongma House experience
(Nivalink Trip Dated - 13 March 2006)
Gurudongma House is located 3 kms from Kalimpong town center, away from the pollution, and noise of the town, in the exclusive hilltop locality. The house commands breathtaking views of the panorama of snows, dominated by Khangchendzonga – the third highest peak in the world.
This is home, of retired Indian Army General “Jimmy” Singh. It providing exclusive hospitality. Paying guests are welcome by invitation, and prior reservation. Guests are cared for by trained ethnic staffs, which provide personalized service.
The kitchen serves home cooked food. Carefully researched interactive cuisine comprises a blend of Indian, Nepali, Chinese, Sikkimese, and western recipes. Secluded nature garden is a place to relax, just laze around, and watch the birds and butterflies.
There is a range of activities possible here. Some of these are :-
* A day's local tour of the "raj" heritage of Kalimpong, its fascinating bazaar, Buddhist Monasteries, Christian Churches, and scenic view points.
* Days trip by jeep to Lava, to drive and walk through virgin forests, and visit the Buddhist Monastery, and Nature Interpretation Center.
* A days trip to Darjeeling for local sightseeing, and shopping.
* A thrilling day spent on the River Teesta for white water rafting.
* 02 to 04 nights trip to the Samthar Farmhouse, to appreciate nature and superb views of the snows.
Adventure tours for trekking, through the, Barsey Rhododendron sanctuary, the Singelila Range and to GocheLa at 5000 Meters can be arranged as well.
Gurudongma House is an experiential stay for those who like to nature centric homestay experience and a bit of soft trekking / adventure.
Recommended stay duration – 2 nights Season – Oct – May
- Gurudongma House is recommended as Experiential Homestays in West Bengal Hills