Gitanjali Heritage homestay
(Nivalink Trip Dated - 14 April 2011)
Gitanjali Homestay is located at Mysore at the foot of the Chamundi hills offering four rooms with attached bathrooms overlook a wide verandah. The homestay is surrounded by a country garden, greenery and the chirping of birds and offers guests a homestay experience.
Ethnic Indian and Western cuisine are offered with emphasis on Kodava ethnic cuisine (Cuisine of the Coorg region nearby). Care goes into the preparation of fresh, hygienic, home-cooked meals.
The homestay also offers
* Cooking classes for Kodava cuisine on request.
* Groups passing through Mysore can have lunch/dinner with the family who will be dressed in traditional Coorg attire. This interaction provides an insight into Kodava Culture and customs.
* Cultural evenings featuring Kodava dancers and musicians or Dollu Kunita - the local folk dance followed by ethnic Kodava Cuisine.
* An evening of Indian classical music.
* Mysore painting / Ganjifa painting classes.
Modern amenities and ethnic cuisine blend with warmth and hospitality to make a memorable holiday for Indian and western traveller.
Typical Stay – 2 nights. Season: Oct - March
- Gitanjali Homestay is recommended as Experiential Hotels in Mysore