Ghonday Resort getaway
(Nivalink Trip Dated - 26 March 2010)
Rinchenpong (5000+ asl), Namchi(5000+ asl), Ravangla (6000+ asl) are some of the hamlets in South and South West Sikkim that provide off-beat and experiential stays while being in close proximity to some of the important monasteries of the area.
Ghonday Resort is an off-beat hideaway at Rinchepong overlooking hills and valleys offering simple accommodation, ethnic cuisine and quiet surroundings.
From here guests can explore and visit
* A portion of Kangchenjunga waterfalls
* Sanga-Choeling monastery complex
* Singshore Bridge near Dentam
* Pemayangtse Monastery
* Khecheopalri Lake
* Rabdentse Palace Ruins
* Guru Dragmar Chaam at Pemayangtse monastery
* Terrace farming - Paddy fields
* Norbughang - the stone throne at Yuksam
Guests looking for a bit of simplicity, ethnicity and tranquility may opt for Ghonday Resort Rinchepong instead of better known touristy destinations like Gangtok and Darjeeling.
Recommended stay – 2-3 nights Season – Oct – May
- Ghonday Village Resort is recommended as Experiential and offbeat traveller stays in Sikkim