Fort Harji – Rural heritage experience
(Nivalink Trip Dated - 19 March 2011)
Harji Fort is a 300 year old fort and a small heritage getaway with a rural backdrop offering 5 rooms. Fort Harji offers an experiential stay offering guests a complete feel of village lifestyle, culture traditions and arts & crafts. The guests here have an option to dine with the host & enjoy traditional Rajasthani and Indian cuisine.
Some of the activities offered at Fort Harji are
* Visit to the local potters to see the famous clay horses
* Learn to cook traditional Rajasthani food,
* Visit to the settlement of Rebaris - the local Shepherds,
* Nature walks
* Traditional Rajasthani folk dance & music
* Leopard safari around Jawai Dam
Harji Fort is excellent option for a small group of experiential travelers or group of friends and families to arrive for a completely exclusive and truly experiential stay. Its also a place for an off-beat traveler to arrive and spend a few days reading books, just lazing around, interacting with hosts and doing nothing.
Recommended Stay Duration – 1 night for stopover and 2 nights for a getaway.
- Harji Fort is recommended as Experiential Retreats on Udaipur - Jodhpur Route
- Harji Fort is recommended as Standalone Heritage Getaways for the Offbeat Travellers to Rajasthan