Bamboo Resort getaway
Bamboo Resort is situated on the outskirts of set in three acres of paddy fields with views of the Himalayan Mountains.
* There is a top floor meditation room, complete with traditional Buddhist altar and glass windows looking out to mountains. A good place for yoga and meditation groups.
* Special room for herbal baths.
* Wokshops available on request include basket weaving, cooking and sikkimese language classes and Tibetan mandala painting with a Thangka Master.
Activities that can be explored from Bamboo Resort are:
* Sajong farmer’s village: Nationally awarded statue factory, caves, traditional farms
* Old and new Rumtek monastery
* Ranka monastery at Lingdum, established in 2000
* Pick-nicking and swimming at Ray Khola mountain-river
* Tinjure trek (one to three days)
* Mountain biking
* Gangtok with Do-Drul Chörten, Tibetology Museum, Enchey Monastery, Orchid Exhibition, Palace with Monastery, Vegetable Market, Handicraft and Handloom Industries
* Tsomgo Lake (Day-trip)
* Martam Village with village monasteries
* Kyong-Nye Children Village
* Phodong Monastery in North Sikkim (Day-trip)
Bamboo Resort is a simple and quiet stay option recommended for those interested in adventure, creative workshops and meditation.
Recommended stay duration – 2-3 nights Season – Oct – May
- The Bamboo Resort is recommended as Experiential and offbeat traveller stays in Sikkim