Ayesha Manzil Heritage Home Experience
Ayesha Manzil is an old colonial style experiential homestay at Tellicherry (North Kerala, India), overlooking the Arabian Sea. This bungalow was built in 1862 by Murdoch Brown and was formerly known as Judges Bungalow.
There are 5 large air –conditioned rooms large filled having a distinct heritage character. The other facilities include a private swimming pool reminiscent of the traditional Kerala temple pools, Ayurveda therapy and free transfers to the 6 km long unpolluted beach.
Recommended excursions / Activities here are: -
* Visit the local Fish & Spice market.
* Parassinikadavu temple to watch the closing evening rituals where "Theyyam " is performed.
* Visit Handloom weaving units
* Beedi rolling units - small, local, pungent smelling cigarettes which are hand rolled from dried Tendu leaves.
* Dinner Cruise on houseboat.
* Cookery / Learning Malabar Cuisine
Another major attraction is the 300 acres Cinnamon plantation set up by Murdoch at 10 kms away from the house, which still exists and is the only one of it's kind in the country.
Food is a highlight here because Faiza, the hostess is also a well-known culinary expert in Kerala cuisine specializing in the ‘Moplah’ cuisine of the area.
Season: October to March Recommended Stay Duration: 2 nights
- Ayesha Manzil is recommended as Experiential Homestays in Coastal North Kerala