"Arco Iris”, meaning "Rainbow" in Portuguese, is a 100 + year old, elegantly restored ,colonial house built on a sprawling, terraced, 1.5 acre property. It overlooks a seasonal lake and is about a Km from the Zuari river.
Arco Iris is located in Curtorim, a quiet village in South Goa, about 7 kms from Margao. The village is dotted with seasonal lakes and paddy fields and is popular with bird watchers.
The house (7,000 sq feet built up area) still retains much of its heritage fervour, comprises an entrada (foyer), sala(living room), dining room, five bedrooms with en suite bathrooms (four on the ground floor and one on the first floor), lounge, library, fully equipped modern kitchen, utility area, two store rooms and accommodation for the support staff. Three of the bedrooms open into private balconies. It also has a balcao (balcony) and gallery in front and a courtyard in the rear.
* Walk to St Alex Church (2 kms)-Built in 1597
* Cycle to Rachol seminary , about 8 kms from Arco Iris, one of the oldest.
* Visit to Braganza Mansion, a magnificent country mansion
* Cycle to Chandor (4 kms) and go for a heritage walk in and around Chandor which will cover places of archaeological value.
* Walk to the Zuari River and go on a boat ride with a local "gondolier"
* Visit to the Big Foot museum and Ancestral village in Loutolim
* Visit the 400 year old Palacio De Deao (15 kms). The garden around the palace is possibly the best in the state.
* Visit the famous Mangeshi and Datta Mandir temples
* Birding around the Maina, Curtorim, Corjem and Carombolim lakes
* Fishing in the Zuari river along with local fishermen
* Light trek around Raia, Loutolim, Chandor, Margao
The activities above make Arco Iris an experiential stay and it is recommended for anyone lookint to explore Goan countryside, heritage and bird watching while staying at a homely and charming heritage home.
Recommended stay – 3 nights