Varkala is categorised as Beachside / Pilgrimage
Reasons to Visit
- Varkala is a relaxing beach destination at 60 kms north of Kovalam and home to ancient Janardhana Swamy temple.
- Varkala is quite unlike Kovalam and has mostly budget and mid-segment hotels and resorts located around the Cliff area.
- Cliff here providers stunning views and an atmosphere like no other beach in Kerala.
- Varkala has its share of small restaurants and curio shops all perched on the cliff overlooking the beach below and Arabian Sea along with the Hotels.
- Varkala beach area is where two luxury hotels are situated viz. Gateway Hotel and Hindustan Retreat.
- Beach Resort Destinations in India"Cliff Beach at Varkala is where one finds small hotels, pubs, restaurants and where Inbound guests looking for a long stay at lower prices arrive. There are premium resorts in the area which primarily serve as getaways. "
- Significant Hindu Pilgrimages in and around South Kerala"Varkala is home to Janardhan Swamy Temple, a significant Lord Krishna temple. Varkala is also home to Sivagiri Temple which is the Samadhi (resting place) of Sri Naravana Guru. These are visited as part of Kerala pilgrimage itinerary.
- Airports and Access Points for Destinations in Kerala"Varkala Railway Station is access point for beach getaway of Varkala."
- Nearest Airport -Trivandrum (53 kms), Cochin (Ernakulam) (183 kms), Tuticorin (214 kms)
- Nearest Railway Station - Varkala
- Varkala is an Ex-Kollam / Ex-Trivandrum / Ex-Kottayam / Ex-Cochin (Ernakulam) / Ex-Trichur / Ex-Madurai / Ex-Calicut / Ex-Coimbatore / Ex-Trichy Getaway
- Varkala is connected by Day train with Cochin (Ernakulam)
- Varkala is connected by Overnight train with Hyderabad, New Delhi, Bangalore, Cochin (Ernakulam), Mumbai, Pune, Chennai, Kolkata
Hotels approved and listed with Nivalink
|Type of Hotels||Count|
For Reviewing all Varkala Hotels, rates, offers and making online reservation requests Click here
3 verified holiday itineraries are listed for Varkala
| Getaway (1-3 nights)||1|
| Short Break (4-6 nights)||1|
|Holiday (7 or more)||1|
Click here - For reviewing summary, detailed itinerary, route map, access points, expert comments, departure dates (where applicable), rates and customisation options
- Varkala Beach Getaway (2 Nights)
- Kerala Hindu Pilgrim Break (4 Nights)
- South India Hindu Pilgrimage Itinerary (9 Nights)
For an itinerary customised to your tastes and preferences email to
firstname.lastname@example.org or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel planners.
Varkala has 2 Transport services that can be booked online. Click here for reviewing and booking them.
|Services||Rates Starting From |
|Trivandrum to Ashtamudi Lake and Varkala Day Visit and back||Rs. 6112|
Point to Point Transport
|Services||Rates Starting From |
|Pickup from Trivandrum and Drop to Varkala||Rs. 4223|
For any other transport services for
email to email@example.com
or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel assistants.
Add Ons approved and listed with Nivalink.
5 Travel Ideas listed for Varkala. Click here for reviewing them.
- Beaches in Kerala - Marari, Varkala, Kovalam, Bekal
- Experiences in Kerala
- Padmanabha Swamy Temple Pilgrimage
- Varkala Getaway
- Varkala Pilgrimage
For expert insights and recommendations - email to