Vaishali is categorised as Heritage / Pilgrimage
Reasons to Visit
- Vaishali, a quiet hamlet steeped in legend, set amidst lush paddy fields. Named after King Visala, it was the capital of the Lichhavis,
- It is believed to be one of the earliest republics of the world, having an elected body of representatives and an efficient administration, as early as 6th century BC.
- Vaishali is significant to both Buddhists and Jains. Lord Buddha preached his first sermon, and announced his impending Nirvana, here.
- To commemorate the importance of the site, Emperor Ashoka erected one of his famous pillars. Vaishali is also the birthplace of Lord Mahavira.
- One hundred years after the Buddha's 'parinirvana', 700 monks from all over North India, assembled here, to discuss the 10 points of 'vinaya', the rule of conduct, under dispute.
- Vaishali became the venue of the second Buddhist council. Two stupas were erected to recall this event
- Buddhist Heritage Destinations In India"Vaishali near Patna is significant to Buddhists as Lord Buddha preached his first sermon, and announced his impending Nirvana, here.
- Nearest Airport -Patna (62 kms), Gaya (163 kms), Bodhgaya (171 kms)
- Nearest Railway Station - Patna (62 kms), Nalanda (129 kms), Rajgir (140 kms)
Hotels approved and listed with Nivalink
There are no Holiday found for Vaishali
For an itinerary customised to your tastes and preferences email to
firstname.lastname@example.org or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel planners.
Vaishali has 1 Transport services that can be booked online. Click here for reviewing and booking them.
|Services||Rates Starting From |
|Patna to Vaishali visit and back||Rs. 2465|
For any other transport services for
email to email@example.com
or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel assistants.
Add Ons approved and listed with Nivalink.
For expert insights and recommendations - email to
Special features listings for destinations within 100 kms of vaishali