Ujjain is categorised as Pilgrimage
Reasons to Visit
- Ujjain is one of the oldest cities in India a historic capital of Central India.
- Ujjain, situated on the bank of river Shipra is one of the seven sacred cities of the Hindus.
- Since ancient times the basic reference of Hindu calendar time, namely the prime meridian passes through Ujjain. For this reasons it was an important referral point on the earth for the ancient astronomers.
- Ujjain is home to Mahakaleshwar Jyotirlinga, one of the twelve Jyotirlinga Shiva temples.
- Ujjian is home to many signicant temples including a Shaktipeetha temple and a Lord Shiva temple where Wine (Liquor) is offered to the Lord as offering.
- Significant Hindu Pilgrimages in Madhya Pradesh"Ujjain (60 kms from Indore) is a riverside pilgrimage and site for Kumbh Meha every 12 years. Mahakaleshwar Temple at Ujjain is one of the 12 Jyotirlinga Temples. Harsiddhi Temple here houses Goddess Mahalaxmi and Mahasaraswati and is one of the Shakti Peetha. Ujjain is popularly visited alongwith Mandsaur and Omkareshwar."
- Destinations to visit Jyotirlinga Temples of Lord Shiva"Ujjain (Madhya Pradesh) is a major pilgrim centre and is home to a self incarnated Jyotirlinga Temple of Mahakaleshwar. Mahakaleshwar and Omkareshwar are typically visited together."
- Shaktipeetha Temples in West and Central India"Mahakaleshwar Temple is one of the 12 Jyotirlinga Temples. Harsiddhi Temple here houses Goddess Mahalaxmi and Mahasaraswati and is one of the Shakti Peetha Temples. Ujjain is a renowned pilgrimage and generally visited as part of pilgrim break combining with Omkareshwar and Mandsaur.
- Nearest Airport -Indore (60 kms), Bhopal (190 kms), Udaipur (335 kms)
- Nearest Railway Station - Ujjain
- Ujjain is an Ex-Indore / Ex-Bhopal / Ex-Kota / Ex-Vadodara / Ex-Ahmedabad / Ex-Nashik / Ex-Surat / Ex-Aurangabad / Ex-Nagpur / Ex-Gwalior / Ex-Jabalpur / Ex-Bhavnagar / Ex-Valsad / Ex-Jaipur / Ex-Jodhpur Getaway
- Ujjain is connected by Day train with Ahmedabad, Jaipur
- Ujjain is connected by Overnight train with New Delhi, Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Pune, Kolkata, Jaipur, Lucknow, Chandigarh, Hyderabad, Cochin (Ernakulam), Chennai, Bangalore
- Ujjain is connected by Overnight Bus with New Delhi, Ahmedabad, Jaipur
Hotels approved and listed with Nivalink
|Type of Hotels||Count|
For Reviewing all Ujjain Hotels, rates, offers and making online reservation requests Click here
2 verified holiday itineraries are listed for Ujjain
| Short Break (4-6 nights)||1|
|Holiday (7 or more)||1|
Click here - For reviewing summary, detailed itinerary, route map, access points, expert comments, departure dates (where applicable), rates and customisation options
- 7 Jyotirlinga Temples with Shirdi (6 Nights)
- 9 Jyotirlinga Temples with Dwarka and Shirdi (8 Nights)
For an itinerary customised to your tastes and preferences email to
firstname.lastname@example.org or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel planners.
Ujjain has 5 Transport services that can be booked online. Click here for reviewing and booking them.
|Services||Rates Starting From |
|Day Ujjain Temple Visits||Rs. 1778|
Point to Point Transport
|Services||Rates Starting From |
|Pickup from Ujjain and Drop to Indore||Rs. 2000|
|Pickup from Ujjain and Drop to Mandsaur||Rs. 3889|
|Pickup from Ujjain and Drop to Omkareshwar||Rs. 3000|
|Pickup from Ujjain and Drop to Ratlam||Rs. 2778|
For any other transport services for
email to email@example.com
or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel assistants.
Add Ons approved and listed with Nivalink.
2 Travel Ideas listed for Ujjain. Click here for reviewing them.
Festivals linked to Ujjain (Madhya Pradesh)
For expert insights and recommendations - email to