Tuticorin is categorised as Pilgrimage / Business and Transit
Srivaikundam Temple Photo Courtesy Sowrirajan S
Reasons to Visit
- Tuticorin is a stop over on the religious / heritage Inbound itinerary of South India between Madurai and Kanyakumari and an access point to visit Trichendur Temple (45 km) and Tirunelveli Temple (46 km).
- The Tuticorin is also known as "Pearl City". It is a Seaport, which serves Southern Tamil Nadu including the inland cities of Coimbatore, Madurai and Tirunelveli.
- Tuticorin is one of the major seaports in India with its history dating back to the 6th century, traditionally known for its pearl fishing and shipbuilding industries.
- Tuticorin is base point to visit Christian Pilgrimages in the area such as Our Lady of Snows Shrine Basilica, Virapandiapattanam, Manapad and Ovari
- From Tuticorin, Navathirupathi Temples - 9 Temples dedicated to Vishnu within a radius of 35 Kms can be accessed
- From Tuticorin, Kalugumalai - Ancient Rockcut Temple. Jain Architechture can be accessed.
- Port Cities of India"Tuticorin Port is one of the 12 major ports in India. It is second-largest port in Tamil Nadu after Chennai and fourth-largest container terminal in India."
- Airports and Access Points for Destinations in Tamilnadu and Pondichery"Tuticorin Railway Station and Airports are access points for visiting Port city of Tuticorin, Christian Pilgrimages around Tuticorin, Navatirupathi pigrimage circuit and Hindu Pilgrimages of Tiruchendur / Tirunelveli."
- Christian Pilgrimages in South India"Our Lady of Snows Shrine Basilica in Tuticorin is one of the Catholic pilgrimage centers and one that was raised to status of a Basillica in 1982. Our Lady of Snows is one of the standalone Catholic pilgrimages in Tamilnadu alongwith Vailankanni. Kamanayakkanpatti is another church visited by guests arriving at Tuticorin from Madurai."
- Nearest Airport -Tuticorin
- Nearest Railway Station - Tuticorin
- Tuticorin is an Ex-Madurai / Ex-Trivandrum / Ex-Kollam / Ex-Kottayam / Ex-Trichy / Ex-Cochin (Ernakulam) / Ex-Coimbatore / Ex-Trichur / Ex-Calicut / Ex-Mysore / Ex-Bangalore Getaway
- Tuticorin is connected by Air with Chennai
- Tuticorin is connected by Day train with Chennai
- Tuticorin is connected by Overnight train with Bangalore, Ahmedabad, Mumbai, Pune, Chennai
Hotels approved and listed with Nivalink
|Type of Hotels||Count|
For Reviewing all Tuticorin Hotels, rates, offers and making online reservation requests Click here
2 verified holiday itineraries are listed for Tuticorin
| Getaway (1-3 nights)||1|
| Short Break (4-6 nights)||1|
Click here - For reviewing summary, detailed itinerary, route map, access points, expert comments, departure dates (where applicable), rates and customisation options
- Navatirupathi - 9 Lord Vishnu Temples near Tuticorin (2 Nights)
- Christian Pilgrimages in Tamilnadu (4 Nights)
For an itinerary customised to your tastes and preferences email to
firstname.lastname@example.org or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel planners.
Tuticorin has 1 Transport services that can be booked online. Click here for reviewing and booking them.
Point to Point Transport
|Services||Rates Starting From |
|Pickup from Madurai and Drop to Tuticorin||Rs. 3399|
For any other transport services for
email to email@example.com
or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel assistants.
Add Ons approved and listed with Nivalink.
6 Travel Ideas listed for Tuticorin. Click here for reviewing them.
- Aarupadai Veedu – Six Abodes of Lord Murugan
- Catholic Pilgrimages in South India
- East Coast Road (ECR) Experience
- Navathirupathi Pilgrimage
- Our Lady of Snows Pilgrimage
- Tuticorin Pilgrimage
For expert insights and recommendations - email to