Tiruvannamalai is categorised as Heritage / Pilgrimage
Reasons to Visit
- Thiruvannamalai is visited for the Arunachaleshwara Temple, which is a hub of spirituality and a major pilgrim centre in the area
- Thiruvannamalai is the home Sri Ramana Maharshi and Arunachaleswara temple.
- Arunachaleswara temple has a long history beginning from 750 AD. It is one of the five Panchabhoota (five elements wind, water, fire, earth and space) Stalams.
- Arunachaleshwara Temple is located on a sprawling 25 acre land, encompassing several shrines, mandapams, corridors and other such enclosures each adorned with massive pillars with sculptures minutely and aesthetically carved
- Overseas guests here visit for the institute that is situated within the temple complex
- Thiruvannamalai is also a local getaway and a stopover on the Bangalore - Pondicherry route
- Destinations to visit for Panchabhoota Stalam Temples of Lord Shiva"Arunachaleswara Temple in Thiruvannamalai is one of the Panchabhoota Stalam Temples (Representing Fire). Thiruvannamalai is a major centre for spirituality and therefore visited by Inbound travellers, pilgrimage travellers and visited as part of Panchabhoota Stalam Temple circuit in South India."
- Significant Hindu Pilgrimages in Tamil Nadu"Thiruvannamalai is a major pilgrimage and centre for Spirituality. It is home to Annamalaiyar temple which is one of the Pancha Bhoota Stalam Temples and visited part of Tamil Nadu pilgrimage itinerary."
- Heritage Destinations of Tamil Nadu"Tiruvannamalai is visited for the Arunachaleshwara Temple, which is a hub of spirituality for Inbound and heritage travellers. Arunachaleshwara Temple is located on a sprawling 25 acre land, encompassing several shrines, mandapams, corridors etc."
- Nearest Airport -Pondicherry (98 kms), Salem (165 kms), Chennai (187 kms)
- Nearest Railway Station - Tiruvannamalai
- Tiruvannamalai is an Ex-Chennai / Ex-Trichy / Ex-Bangalore / Ex-Madurai / Ex-Coimbatore / Ex-Mysore / Ex-Trichur / Ex-Calicut / Ex-Cochin (Ernakulam) Getaway
- Tiruvannamalai is connected by Overnight train with Mumbai, Bangalore, Pune
- Tiruvannamalai is connected by Day bus with Bangalore
- Tiruvannamalai is connected by Overnight Bus with Bangalore
Hotels approved and listed with Nivalink
|Type of Hotels||Count|
For Reviewing all Tiruvannamalai Hotels, rates, offers and making online reservation requests Click here
There are no Holiday found for Tiruvannamalai
For an itinerary customised to your tastes and preferences email to
firstname.lastname@example.org or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel planners.
Tiruvannamalai has 1 Transport services that can be booked online. Click here for reviewing and booking them.
Point to Point Transport
|Services||Rates Starting From |
|Pickup from Chennai and Drop to Tiruvannamalai||Rs. 6945|
For any other transport services for
email to email@example.com
or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel assistants.
Add Ons approved and listed with Nivalink.
3 Travel Ideas listed for Tiruvannamalai. Click here for reviewing them.
- Pancha Bootha Shiva Temples
- Thiruvannamalai Pilgrimage
- Sparsa Resort Thiruvannamalai – Ethnic Getaway
For expert insights and recommendations - email to