Tirunelveli is categorised as Business and Transit
Reasons to Visit
- Thirunelveli is home to Nelliappar Shiva Temple, one of the most renowned temples in Tamil Nadu known for its musical pillars and is one of the largest temples in South India.
- Thirunenveli is also base point to visit Srivaikunthanthor Temple (37 kms from Tirunelveli), a Shiva Temple and one of the 108 Divya Desams or Vaishnavite sacred shrines in the country.
- Turicorin port is about 46 kms from Thirunelveli and there are number of places of pilgrimage Tourist interest around the area.
- Tiruchendur Temple, One of the six "Arupadai Veedu" of Lord Murugan can be visited from Thirunelveli
- Thirunenveli is situated on the Madurai - Kanyakumari route and therefore best visited enroute
- Significant Hindu Pilgrimages in Tamil Nadu"Tirunelveli (158 kms from Madurai and 100 kms from Kanyakumari) lies on Madurai - Kanyakumari route and visited for Nellaiappar Temple which is a renowned Lord Shiva Shiva Temples and visited as part of Heritage / Pilgrimage itineraries. "
- Heritage Destinations of Tamil Nadu"Thirunelveli is home to Nelliappar Shiva Temple, one of the most renowned temples in Tamil Nadu known for its musical pillars and is one of the largest temples in South India. hirunenveli is situated on the Madurai - Kanyakumari route and therefore best visited enroute. "
- Airports and Access Points for Destinations in Tamilnadu and Pondichery"Tirunelveli Railway Station is access point to visit heritage temple of Tirunelveli."
- Nearest Airport -Tuticorin (53 kms), Trivandrum (155 kms), Madurai (157 kms)
- Nearest Railway Station - Tirunelveli
- Tirunelveli is connected by Day train with Cochin (Ernakulam), Bangalore
- Tirunelveli is connected by Overnight train with Cochin (Ernakulam), Chennai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, New Delhi, Mumbai, Pune, Kolkata
- Tirunelveli is connected by Day bus with Chennai, Bangalore
- Tirunelveli is connected by Overnight Bus with Chennai, Bangalore, Hyderabad
Hotels approved and listed with Nivalink
|Type of Hotels||Count|
For Reviewing all Tirunelveli Hotels, rates, offers and making online reservation requests Click here
There are no Holiday found for Tirunelveli
For an itinerary customised to your tastes and preferences email to
firstname.lastname@example.org or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel planners.
Tirunelveli has 1 Transport services that can be booked online. Click here for reviewing and booking them.
Point to Point Transport
|Services||Rates Starting From |
|Pickup from Madurai and Drop to Tirunelveli||Rs. 3770|
For any other transport services for
email to email@example.com
or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel assistants.
Add Ons approved and listed with Nivalink.
3 Travel Ideas listed for Tirunelveli. Click here for reviewing them.
- Catholic Pilgrimages in South India
- Navathirupathi Pilgrimage
- Thirunelveli Pilgrimage
For expert insights and recommendations - email to