Tiruchendur is categorised as Beachside / Pilgrimage
Reasons to Visit
- Tiruchendur is located 40 kms south of Tuticorin and visited for the Thiruchendur Murugan Temple
- Thiruchendur Murugan Temple is the second of the Arupadai Vedu (six abodes) of Lord Muruga.
- The area has number of other ancient temples that are also visited alongwith.
- Tiruchendur is located on a beach and visited by locals over weekends
- Significant Hindu Pilgrimages in Tamil Nadu"Tiruchendur (180 kms from Madurai and 46 kms from Tuticorin) is a major Lord Murgan pilgrim centre (one of the Arupadiaveedu temples) in the area overlooking Ocean and visited as a standalone pilgrimage or as part of Tamilnadu Pilgrimage itinerary or as part of Arupadiaveedu temples itinerary."
- Christian Pilgrimages in South India"St. Stephen's Church is a Roman Catholic church dedicated to Saint Stephen at 10 kms North of Tiruchendir and is related to Miracles of St Xaviers after his arrival in 1542."
- Destinations to visit Arupadaiveedu Temples of Lord Murugan"Tiruchendur is a major pilgrim centre for Lord Murugan Devotees at 46 kms South of Tuticorin. Tiruchendur commemorates the place where Lord Murugan worshiped Shiva and won a decisive victory over demon Soorapadman. Tiruchendur receives millions of pilgrims all through the year and is also a popular standalone pilgrimage and visited as part of Arudaiveedu pilgrimage itinerary."
- Nearest Airport -Tuticorin (40 kms), Trivandrum (170 kms), Madurai (178 kms)
- Nearest Railway Station - Tiruchendur
- Tiruchendur is an Ex-Trivandrum / Ex-Madurai / Ex-Kollam / Ex-Kottayam / Ex-Trichy / Ex-Cochin (Ernakulam) / Ex-Coimbatore / Ex-Trichur / Ex-Mysore Getaway
- Tiruchendur is connected by Overnight train with Chennai
- Tiruchendur is connected by Day bus with Chennai
- Tiruchendur is connected by Overnight Bus with Chennai, Bangalore
Hotels approved and listed with Nivalink
|Type of Hotels||Count|
For Reviewing all Tiruchendur Hotels, rates, offers and making online reservation requests Click here
2 verified holiday itineraries are listed for Tiruchendur
| Short Break (4-6 nights)||2|
Click here - For reviewing summary, detailed itinerary, route map, access points, expert comments, departure dates (where applicable), rates and customisation options
- 10 Abodes of Lord Murugan (4 Nights)
- Aarupadaiveedu Circuit - Six Abodes of Lord Murugan (4 Nights)
For an itinerary customised to your tastes and preferences email to
firstname.lastname@example.org or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel planners.
Tiruchendur has 2 Transport services that can be booked online. Click here for reviewing and booking them.
|Services||Rates Starting From |
|Day Visit to Tiruchendur - Ex-Madurai||Rs. 4229|
Point to Point Transport
|Services||Rates Starting From |
|Pickup from Madurai and Drop to Tiruchendur||Rs. 3417|
For any other transport services for
email to email@example.com
or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel assistants.
Add Ons approved and listed with Nivalink.
5 Travel Ideas listed for Tiruchendur. Click here for reviewing them.
- Aarupadai Veedu – Six Abodes of Lord Murugan
- Catholic Pilgrimages in South India
- East Coast Road (ECR) Experience
- Navathirupathi Pilgrimage
- Tiruchendur Pilgrimage
For expert insights and recommendations - email to