Thimphu is categorised as Heritage / Hillside Hamlet
Reasons to Visit
- Thimphu is capital city of Bhutan and one of the most visited destinations of Bhutan.
- Thimphu is a small, charming capital city, probably the smallest capital in the world.
- Thimphu offers a unique skyline as all buildings are constructed in traditional Bhutanese style.
- Thimphu is a city offering an old world charm of a Himalayan Kingdom alongwith Monasteries, museums and a distinct heritage character.
- Indian Rupee as a Currency is commonly accepted all over Thimphu Mahayana Buddhism is the state religion and the dominant ethnic group is Drukpa of Kagyu Buddhism ( Bhutan Hindus of Nepali ethnicity are dominant in Southern region of Bhutan).
- Nearest Airport -Paro (65 kms), Bagdogra (300 kms)
- Nearest Railway Station - Falakata (205 kms), Siliguri (300 kms)
- Thimphu is an Ex-Siliguri Getaway
Hotels approved and listed with Nivalink
17 verified holiday itineraries are listed for Thimphu
| Short Break (4-6 nights)||8|
|Holiday (7 or more)||9|
Click here - For reviewing summary, detailed itinerary, route map, access points, expert comments, departure dates (where applicable), rates and customisation options
- Bhutan Breakaway (5 Nights)
- Bhutan short break with Gangtey Excursion (6 Nights)
- Classic Bhutan with Excursion to Phobjikha Valley (5 Nights)
- Enchanting Bhutan with Tiger’s Nest (6 Nights)
- Highlights of Bhutan (6 Nights)
- Thimphu – Paro Break Ex-Bagdogra / New Jalpaiguri (5 Nights)
- Thimphu - Paro extended getaway (4 Nights)
- Thimphu - Paro with Punakha Valley (4 Nights)
- Best of Bhutan with Taktsang Monastery (7 Nights)
- Bhutan - Happiness is a Place - Ex Mumbai (7 Nights)
- Bhutan – The Kingdom of Happiness (9 Nights)
- Bhutanese Retreat with Ura Excursion (10 Nights)
- Breathtaking Bhutan (7 Nights)
- Classic Bhutan with Bumthang Valley (8 Nights)
- Land of Thunder Dragon (11 Nights)
- Punakha – Paro extended getaway with Chele-La-Pass (7 Nights)
- Ultimate Bhutan by Road (13 Nights)
For an itinerary customised to your tastes and preferences email to
firstname.lastname@example.org or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel planners.
For any other transport services for
email to email@example.com
or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel assistants.
Add Ons approved and listed with Nivalink.
1 Travel Ideas listed for Thimphu. Click here for reviewing them.
- Thimphu - A Heritage getaway in Bhutan
For expert insights and recommendations - email to