Tawang is categorised as Pilgrimage
Reasons to Visit
- Situated at 3048 meters above sea level and is one of the most remote and beautiful areas of Arunachal Pradesh.
- Tawang is home to the world famous “Tawang Ganden Namgyal Lhatse”, popularly known as Tawang monastery.
- The area is surrounded with countless number of Orchid, lakes, waterfalls and hot springs.
- To go to Tawang, Inner Line Permit is needed. Foreigners need to apply for special permit
- Destinations to visit for Tibetan Monasteries and Buddhist Heritage in India"Tawang (12000 ft asl - 145 kms from Dirang) is home to the world famous “Tawang Ganden Namgyal Lhatse”, popularly known as Tawang monastery. Tawang monastery is considered one of the oldest and most significant Tibetan monasteries in the world."
- Remote Destinations offering exceptional Himalayan Views"Tawang (10000+ ft asl) in Arunachal Pradesh is one of the remotest corner of India. Journey to Tawang via Sela Pass is most adventurous . The area around Tawang is blessed with exceptional Himalayan beauty."
- Nearest Airport -Tezpur (323 kms)
Hotels approved and listed with Nivalink
3 verified holiday itineraries are listed for Tawang
| Short Break (4-6 nights)||1|
|Holiday (7 or more)||2|
Click here - For reviewing summary, detailed itinerary, route map, access points, expert comments, departure dates (where applicable), rates and customisation options
- Arunachal Break (6 Nights)
- Best of Arunachal with Kaziranga (8 Nights)
- Best of Arunachal with Kaziranga and Shillong (10 Nights)
For an itinerary customised to your tastes and preferences email to
firstname.lastname@example.org or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel planners.
For any other transport services for
email to email@example.com
or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel assistants.
Add Ons approved and listed with Nivalink.
4 Travel Ideas listed for Tawang. Click here for reviewing them.
- Tawang Experience
- Tawang Monastery Pilgrimage
Festivals linked to Tawang (Arunachal Pradesh)
- Sangken Festival
- Torgya Festival in Tawang
For expert insights and recommendations - email to