Taupo is categorised as Lakeside
Reasons to Visit
- Taupo in North Island is set around New Zealand's largest lake, Lake Taupo.
- Taupo lies in close proximity to Tongarino national park which is renowned for its hiking, walking, trekking and adventure activities.
- Taupo lies on the North Island itinerary and is a stopover on the Auckland - Taupo - Napier - Wellington route
- Three volcanoes (Tongariro, Ngauruhoe and Ruapehu) around Taupo remain active and therefore is visited by researchers
- The Tongarino Park is home to 50+ important species of birds such as the North Island Brown Kiwi, Blue Duck, North Island fernbird, Double-banded Plover and Karearea.
- Boat rides in the lake, visiting Maori Carvings and Skydiving are popular tourist activities and attraction in Taupo
- Nearest Airport -Rotorua (81 kms), Auckland (278 kms)
Hotels approved and listed with Nivalink
There are no Holiday found for Taupo
For an itinerary customised to your tastes and preferences email to
firstname.lastname@example.org or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel planners.
For any other transport services for
email to email@example.com
or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel assistants.
Add Ons approved and listed with Nivalink.
1 Travel Ideas listed for Taupo. Click here for reviewing them.
- Lake Taupo - A North Island Adventure Getaway
For expert insights and recommendations - email to