Tabo is categorised as Pilgrimage / Remote Himalayas
Reasons to Visit
- Tabo village is located in Spiti valley on the left bank of the Spiti River
- Tabo is set at a height of 10,500 ft and is home to the 1000 year old Tabo monastery.
- Tabo monastery is second most important monastery in the area.
- Tabo is visited on the Sangla - Nako - Kaza route.
- Tabo is accessible during June - Sept periods only
- Destinations to visit for Tibetan Monasteries and Buddhist Heritage in India"Tabo (1100 ft asl - 50 kms from Kaza) in Spiti Valley is renowned for being the oldest continuously operating Buddhist enclave in both India and the Himalayas"
- Significant Pilgrimages of Sangla-Kinnaur and Spiti Valley"Tabo (11000 ft asl) is noted for being the oldest continuously operating Buddhist enclave in both India and the Himalayas. The monastery was built in 996 AD and has now evolved into a pilgrim town with a character and is therefore of interest for any Inbound and experiential traveller with interest in Buddhism. Nearby Dhankar monastery is also visited alongwith Tabo. Tabo is visited alongwith Kaza as part of Spiti Valley break ex-Manali or as part of Sangla - Kinnaur - Spiti Valley high Himalaya"
- Nearest Airport -Kullu (287 kms)
Hotels approved and listed with Nivalink
|Type of Hotels||Count|
For Reviewing all Tabo Hotels, rates, offers and making online reservation requests Click here
There are no Holiday found for Tabo
For an itinerary customised to your tastes and preferences email to
email@example.com or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel planners.
For any other transport services for
email to firstname.lastname@example.org
or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel assistants.
Add Ons approved and listed with Nivalink.
2 Travel Ideas listed for Tabo. Click here for reviewing them.
- High Altitude Monasteries in and around Tabo
- Sangla-Tabo-Kaza Driving Experience
For expert insights and recommendations - email to