Solapur is categorised as Pilgrimage / Business and Transit
Vithoba Temple (Photo Courtesy: Parag Mahalley)
Reasons to Visit
- Solapur is base point to visit renowned Pilgrim centers of Pandharpur, Tulja Bhawani (Shaktipeetha) and Akkalkot
- Solapur is also renowned as a textile-manufacturing center in Maharashtra.
- Solapur houses cotton mills, powerlooms and units that make carpets, chemicals, leather goods and metal products.
- Solapur is a renowned Jain center, the city features eight Digambara temples and Jain institutions.
- Solapur is access point for North Karnataka heritage circuit of Bijapur (110 kms) / Badami / Hospet.
- Shaktipeetha Temples in West and Central India"Solapur is also base point to access Tuljapur Bhawani Temple (55 kms), one of the 51 Shati Peetha temples. Solapur is a popular standlone pilgrimage where guests also visit Pandharpur (70 kms) and Akkalkot (40+ kms) or visited as part of Maharashtra pilgrimage break with Kolhapur and other destinations such as Nanded. "
- Airports and Access Points in Maharashtra"Solapur Railway Station offers convenient access point to visit Pilgrimages of Pandharpur, Akkalkot and Tulja Bhawani. Its also access point to visit Fratelli Wines at Zunjewadi."
- Most Visited Pilgrim destinations in Maharashtra"Solapur is the base point to visit three renowned pilgrimages Viz. Tulja Bhawani Temple (A Shaktipeetha Temple), Akkalkot (Swami Samarth Ashram) and Pandharpur (a renowned pilgrimage in Maharashtra)"
- Industrial Townships of Maharashtra"Solapur is well known for its textile industries, often referred as the "Manchester of India". Solapur mattress and towels are world-renowned. Solapur is home to many cotton mills and power looms.
- Nearest Airport -Kolhapur (235 kms), Pune (250 kms), Belgaum (250 kms)
- Nearest Railway Station - Solapur
- Solapur is connected by Day train with Hyderabad, Mumbai, Pune
- Solapur is connected by Overnight train with Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Cochin (Ernakulam), Mumbai, Pune, Chennai, New Delhi
- Solapur is connected by Day bus with Mumbai, Pune
- Solapur is connected by Overnight Bus with Hyderabad, Mumbai, Pune
Hotels approved and listed with Nivalink
|Type of Hotels||Count|
For Reviewing all Solapur Hotels, rates, offers and making online reservation requests Click here
3 verified holiday itineraries are listed for Solapur
| Getaway (1-3 nights)||1|
|Holiday (7 or more)||2|
Click here - For reviewing summary, detailed itinerary, route map, access points, expert comments, departure dates (where applicable), rates and customisation options
- Solapur Pilgrim Getaway (2 Nights)
- Maharashtra Pilgrimage Itinerary (7 Nights)
- Maharashtra Pilgrimage Itinerary with Ashtavinayak (9 Nights)
For an itinerary customised to your tastes and preferences email to
email@example.com or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel planners.
Solapur has 7 Transport services that can be booked online. Click here for reviewing and booking them.
Point to Point Transport
|Services||Rates Starting From |
|Pickup from Bijapur and Drop to Solapur||Rs. 2667|
|Pickup from Pune and Drop to Solapur||Rs. 7334|
Railway Station Pickup or Drop
|Services||Rates Starting From |
|Pickup/Drop between Solapur Railway Station and Akkalkot||Rs. 2231|
|Pickup/Drop between Solapur Railway Station and Kolhapur||Rs. 5280|
|Pickup/Drop between Solapur Railway Station and Pandharpur||Rs. 2582|
|Pickup/Drop between Solapur Railway Station and Tuljapur||Rs. 2231|
|Transfer between Solapur Railway Station and Hotel in Solapur||Rs. 556|
For any other transport services for
email to firstname.lastname@example.org
or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel assistants.
Add Ons approved and listed with Nivalink.
Click here for Reviewing all Solapur Add Ons, rates and making online reservation requests.
|Services ||Rates Starting From|
|Day Visit to Fratelli Vineyard||Rs. 1000|
2 Travel Ideas listed for Solapur. Click here for reviewing them.
- Solapur Pilgrimage
- Tulja Bhawani Pilgrimage
For expert insights and recommendations - email to