Shoja is categorised as Adventure / Hillside Hamlet
Reasons to Visit
- Shoja (or called Sohja or Sojha) is a Himalayan hamlet (8500 ft asl) 5 kms short of Jalori Pass.
- Jalori Pass lies on the alternative route that connects Shimla area with Kullu valley.
- Shoja area is blessed with exceptional Himalayan beauty and is excellent for walks, treks, bird watching and a nature centric experience.
- The area around Shoja is part of Great Himalayan National Park. There are numerous habitats for explorations from bush forest of Oak, Conifer and Bamboo, to gentle alpine meadows; from swift flowing rivers to high alpine glaciers.
- Overnight trek to Basheilo Pass or day treks to Serolser Lake, Raghupur Fort, waterfall point etc. can be organised at Shoja for trekking enthusiasts It snows in Shoja in Winter (Jan - March)
- Himalayan Destinations for Active Holidays in India"Shoja (8500 ft asl - 150 kms from Shimla) offers excellent snow peak views and is located just a few kms short of Jalori Pass. Shoja has many walks, short treks, overnight camping and long trekking routes originating in and around the area. Shoja has adventure centric stays setup specifically to cater to Active holidays segment and therefore one of the popular active holiday destination in North India visited alongwith Sangla and/or Thanedar."
- Offbeat Traveller Destinations around Manali"Shoja (8500 ft asl) is a Himalayan destination at about 115 kms from Manali. Shoja is renowned for stays that offer walks, short treks, bird watching and totally cut off and non-touristy stays."
- Bird watching Destinations in Himachal Pradesh"Sojha (8500 ft asl) lies 5 kms before Jalori Pass that connects Kullu Valley with Shimla - Narkanda Area. Sojha is known for its wooded walks, high altitude villages and trekking. The area is is full of pheasants including Monal. Other birds comprise White-throated tit, Indian blue robin, nutcracker, ultramarine flycatcher etc
- Offbeat Destinations in Kullu Valley"Shoja (8500 ft asl) lies just short of Jalori Pass and is blessed with exceptional Himalayan beauty and is excellent for walks, treks, bird watching and a nature centric experience and is a recommended standalone getaway for offbeat travellers."
- Nearest Airport -Kullu (75 kms), Shimla (150 kms), Dharamsala (215 kms)
- Nearest Railway Station - Shimla (150 kms), Shoghi (157 kms), Kandaghat (185 kms)
- Shoja is an Ex-Chandigarh / Ex-Jalandhar / Ex-Ludhiana / Ex-Amritsar / Ex-Jammu Getaway
Hotels approved and listed with Nivalink
|Type of Hotels||Count|
|Adventure / Camp||1|
For Reviewing all Shoja Hotels, rates, offers and making online reservation requests Click here
8 verified holiday itineraries are listed for Shoja
| Getaway (1-3 nights)||1|
| Short Break (4-6 nights)||2|
|Holiday (7 or more)||5|
Click here - For reviewing summary, detailed itinerary, route map, access points, expert comments, departure dates (where applicable), rates and customisation options
- Adventure Break with Shoja and Raison (Kullu) (6 Nights)
- An Off-beat Himachal break (6 Nights)
- Himachal for the Adventure / Experiential / Off-beat traveller (9 Nights)
- Himalayan Golden Triangle (9 Nights)
- Manali with Shoghi and Shoja (8 Nights)
- Manali with Shoja and Ropar (7 Nights)
- Thanedar - Sohja Walking Itinerary (6 Nights)
For an itinerary customised to your tastes and preferences email to
firstname.lastname@example.org or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel planners.
For any other transport services for
email to email@example.com
or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel assistants.
Add Ons approved and listed with Nivalink.
5 Travel Ideas listed for Shoja. Click here for reviewing them.
- Adventure Getaways ex-Manali
- Bird watching in Shoja
- Trekking in Bashleo Pass - Travel Idea for Shoja
- Walking around Shoja
- Banjara Retreat - A do nothing hideaway
For expert insights and recommendations - email to