Shimoga is categorised as Plantations
Reasons to Visit
- Shimoga, part of the Malnad region, is a place known for its scenic beauty, forests, waterfalls, cool climate.
- Shimoga is origin of rivers Kali, Gangavathi, Sharavathi and tadadi. The other major rivers which flow through the district are Tunga, Bhadra and Varada.
- Shimoga district is rich in flora and fauna, the dense forest and green shrub jungles are main producers of sandalwood, rosewood, teak and other exotic timber. Mango, Jackfruit, Tamarind etc. are the other important trees found around the district with rich yields.
- Shimoga area is home to good homestays which are good for family getaways
- Industrial Townships of Karnataka"Shimoga is gateway to Western Ghats and area of Malnad. APMC of Shimoga is main marketing point of arecanut, the major commercial crop grown in the district. Industries here include foundries that manufacture quality castings. "
- Nearest Airport -Mangalore (194 kms), Hubli (200 kms), Hospet (235 kms)
- Nearest Railway Station - Davanagere (90 kms), Chitradurga (107 kms), Udupi (147 kms)
- Shimoga is an Ex-Mangalore / Ex-Hubli / Ex-Mysore / Ex-Bangalore / Ex-Belgaum / Ex-Panjim / Ex-Kolhapur / Ex-Calicut / Ex-Coimbatore / Ex-Pune Getaway
Hotels approved and listed with Nivalink
|Type of Hotels||Count|
For Reviewing all Shimoga Hotels, rates, offers and making online reservation requests Click here
There are no Holiday found for Shimoga
For an itinerary customised to your tastes and preferences email to
email@example.com or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel planners.
Shimoga has 1 Transport services that can be booked online. Click here for reviewing and booking them.
Point to Point Transport
|Services||Rates Starting From |
|Pickup from Mangalore and Drop to Shimoga||Rs. 4929|
For any other transport services for
email to firstname.lastname@example.org
or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel assistants.
Add Ons approved and listed with Nivalink.
2 Travel Ideas listed for Shimoga. Click here for reviewing them.
- Off-beat getaways in Coastal Karnataka
- Shimoga Getaway
For expert insights and recommendations - email to