Shanthiniketan is categorised as Getaways
Reasons to Visit
- Shanthiniketan is an ex-Kolkata getaway (visited all round the year).
- Shanthiniketan is nestled in the serene and green environs
- At Shantiniketan one can discover the heritage of Bengal's Renaissance, explore the tribal origins of culture.
- Santiniketan is a tourist attraction because Rabindranath wrote many of his literary classics here, and his house is a place of historical importance.
- Festivals celebrated at Santiniketan include - Basanta Utsav, Barsha Mangal, Sharodutsav, Nandan Mela, Poush Mela, Magh Mela, Rabindra Jayanti.
- Poush Mela, a harvest festival is a 3-day event featuring live performances of Bengali folk music, notably baul music
- Shanthiniketan is renowned for Visva-Bharati University which is one of Indias most renowned places of higher learning, with a list of alumni that includes Nobel-winning economist Amartya Sen, globally renowned filmmaker Satyajit Ray and the countrys leading art historian, R. Siva Kumar. Shanthiniketan was made by the famous Nobel laureate Rabindranath Tagore, whose vision became what is now a university town
- Shaktipeetha Temples in East India"Tarapith (60 kms from Shantiniketan) is one of the Shakti Peetha temples and a well visited pilgrimage centre. Tarapith is either day visited from Kolkata (225 kms) or visited as part of Shantiniketan getaway.
- Ex-Kolkata Countryside Getaways"Shanthiniketan (180 kms) is nestled in the serene and green environs and a recommended ex-Kolkata getaway for offbeat travellers."
- Nearest Airport -Durgapur (54 kms), Kolkata (180 kms), Jamshedpur (230 kms)
- Nearest Railway Station - Shanthiniketan
- Shanthiniketan is an Ex-Kolkata / Ex-Siliguri / Ex-Bhubaneswar Getaway
- Shanthiniketan is connected by Day train with Kolkata
- Shanthiniketan is connected by Overnight train with Bangalore, Hyderabad, Chennai, New Delhi, Cochin (Ernakulam), Lucknow
Hotels approved and listed with Nivalink
|Type of Hotels||Count|
For Reviewing all Shanthiniketan Hotels, rates, offers and making online reservation requests Click here
3 verified holiday itineraries are listed for Shanthiniketan
| Short Break (4-6 nights)||3|
Click here - For reviewing summary, detailed itinerary, route map, access points, expert comments, departure dates (where applicable), rates and customisation options
- Kolkata Extended Pilgrim Break (4 Nights)
- West Bengal Pilgrim and Heritage Break (5 Nights)
- West Bengal Pilgrim and Heritage Break with Digha (6 Nights)
For an itinerary customised to your tastes and preferences email to
firstname.lastname@example.org or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel planners.
For any other transport services for
email to email@example.com
or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel assistants.
Add Ons approved and listed with Nivalink.
3 Travel Ideas listed for Shanthiniketan. Click here for reviewing them.
Festivals linked to Shanthiniketan (West Bengal)
For expert insights and recommendations - email to