Sawantwadi is categorised as Business and Transit
Reasons to Visit
- Sawantwadi is a railhead on the Maharashtra – Goa border and is an access point to visit Vengurla Beach, Amboli Ghat, Aronda backwaters and Tiracol Fort (Goa).
- Sawantwadi is renowned for lacquer ware, popularly known as Sawantwadi Lacquer Craft. Wooden toys and artificial fruit making are the other major activities.
- Destinations for Transit stay on NH-17 - Mumbai - Goa highway"500 kms from Mumbai and 50+ kms short of Panjim, Sawantwadi is the last stopover option before getting into Goa. Sawantwadi is opted for a cheaper stay before one moves to expensive beach resorts of Goa the next day."
- Destinations to visit in Konkan for Authentic Homestays"Swantwadi is home to Nandan Farms and Dwarka Homestay. Both are set in fruit plantations offering guests a personalised homely hospitality."
- Airports and Access Points in Maharashtra"Sawantwadi Railway station offers a convenient access point to visit Beach getaway of Vengurla (20 kms) and Hillside getaway of Amboli (25 kms)."
- Nearest Airport -Dabolim (86 kms), Belgaum (100 kms), Kolhapur (148 kms)
- Nearest Railway Station - Sawantwadi
- Sawantwadi is connected by Day train with Mumbai
- Sawantwadi is connected by Overnight train with Mumbai, New Delhi, Pune, Ahmedabad
- Sawantwadi is connected by Day bus with Mumbai, Pune, Ahmedabad
- Sawantwadi is connected by Overnight Bus with Mumbai, Pune, Ahmedabad
Hotels approved and listed with Nivalink
|Type of Hotels||Count|
For Reviewing all Sawantwadi Hotels, rates, offers and making online reservation requests Click here
1 verified holiday itineraries are listed for Sawantwadi
| Getaway (1-3 nights)||1|
Click here - For reviewing summary, detailed itinerary, route map, access points, expert comments, departure dates (where applicable), rates and customisation options
- Sindhudurg Pilgrimage (3 Nights)
For an itinerary customised to your tastes and preferences email to
firstname.lastname@example.org or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel planners.
For any other transport services for
email to email@example.com
or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel assistants.
Add Ons approved and listed with Nivalink.
Click here for Reviewing all Sawantwadi Add Ons, rates and making online reservation requests.
|Services ||Rates Starting From|
|Snake Excursion at Amboli||Rs. 2900|
3 Travel Ideas listed for Sawantwadi. Click here for reviewing them.
- Art and Craft in Sindhudurg
- Ethnic Cuisine in Sindhudurg
- Sindhudurg Getaway
For expert insights and recommendations - email to