Sarahan is categorised as Pilgrimage
Reasons to Visit
- Sarahan, on the Old Hindustan-Tibet Road, is a temple town at an altitude of about 6000 ft asl in the Satluj Valley
- Sarahan is known for the Bhimkali Temple complex (Shakti Peetha) and snow peak views.
- 800-year-old construction technique can be seen here and visitors can also get a good opportunity to study the western Himalayan architecture.
- Sarahan is a luncheon stopover enroute Narkanda to Sangla
- Sarahan is best visited between March - Nov. It may snow in Sarahan in Dec - Feb period.
- Transit Destinations on the Shimla - Sangla - Kinnaur - Spiti Valley Route"Sarahan (6000+ ft asl) lies just ahead of Rampur at 17 kms off NH-22 (Hindustan Tibet Road), about 150 kms (4 hours) from Shimla. Sarahan is renowned for its Bhimkali Temple complex (ancient wooden temple which is one of the Shaktipeetha Temples) and Himalayan views. "
- Significant Pilgrimages of Sangla-Kinnaur and Spiti Valley"Sarahan (6500+ ft asl)- 165 kms from Shimla and few kilometers off the Hindustan Tibet Road (NH-22). Sarahan overlooks splendid Himalaya views. Sarahan is visited for the ancient Bhimakali temple regarded as one of the Fifty One sacred Shakti Peetha."
- Shaktipeetha Temples in North India"165 kms from Shimla and few kilometers off the Hindustan Tibet Road (NH-22), Sarahan overlooks splendid Himalaya views. Sarahan is visited for the ancient Bhimakali temple regarded as one of the Fifty One sacred Shakti Peetha. Sarahan is visited enroute as part of Sangla Valley itinerary."
- Nearest Airport -Shimla (167 kms), Kullu (190 kms), Chandigarh (287 kms)
- Nearest Railway Station - Shimla (167 kms), Shoghi (182 kms), Kandaghat (200 kms)
- Sarahan is an Ex-Chandigarh / Ex-Ludhiana / Ex-Jalandhar Getaway
Hotels approved and listed with Nivalink
|Type of Hotels||Count|
For Reviewing all Sarahan Hotels, rates, offers and making online reservation requests Click here
There are no Holiday found for Sarahan
For an itinerary customised to your tastes and preferences email to
email@example.com or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel planners.
For any other transport services for
email to firstname.lastname@example.org
or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel assistants.
Add Ons approved and listed with Nivalink.
1 Travel Ideas listed for Sarahan. Click here for reviewing them.
For expert insights and recommendations - email to