Salem is categorised as Business and Transit
Hogenakkal Falls - Photo Courtesy Mithun Kundu
Reasons to Visit
- Salem is gateway to idyllic hillside hamlet of Yercaud (35 km) and is part of Bangalore - Madurai Route and a business hub.
- Salem is one of the major producers of traditional silver anklets and it is home to textile, steel, automotive and poultry industries. Salem also has one of the largest magnetite deposits in India.
- Industrial Towns and Transit Stopovers in Tamil Nadu"Salem (234 kms from Madurai and 200 kms from Bangalore) has established itself as one of the major textile centers in Tamil Nadu with more than 125 spinning mills, modern weaving units and garment units."
- Airports and Access Points for Destinations in Tamilnadu and Pondichery"Salem is a major industrial hub and access point to visit plantation getaway of Yercaud (35 kms)."
- Nearest Airport -Trichy (144 kms), Coimbatore (175 kms), Bangalore (186 kms)
- Nearest Railway Station - Salem
- Salem is connected by Day train with Bangalore, Cochin (Ernakulam), Chennai
- Salem is connected by Overnight train with Hyderabad, Bangalore, Cochin (Ernakulam), Chennai, Ahmedabad, Chandigarh, New Delhi, Jaipur, Mumbai, Kolkata, Lucknow, Pune
- Salem is connected by Day bus with Bangalore, Cochin (Ernakulam), Chennai
- Salem is connected by Overnight Bus with Hyderabad, Bangalore, Cochin (Ernakulam), Chennai
Hotels approved and listed with Nivalink
|Type of Hotels||Count|
For Reviewing all Salem Hotels, rates, offers and making online reservation requests Click here
There are no Holiday found for Salem
For an itinerary customised to your tastes and preferences email to
firstname.lastname@example.org or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel planners.
For any other transport services for
email to email@example.com
or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel assistants.
Add Ons approved and listed with Nivalink.
For expert insights and recommendations - email to
Special features listings for destinations within 50 kms of Salem