Rumtek is categorised as Pilgrimage / Hillside Hamlet
Rumtek Monastery (Nivalink Trip Dated - 13 March 2006)
Reasons to Visit
- Rumtek Monastery (4500 ft) is located 24 km from Gangtok. The monastery is the largest in Sikkim.
- Rumtek is characterised by flowing streams, mountains backdrop and a river below
- Based these characteristics Karmapa in 1966 rebuilt the monastery
- Rumtek is an alternative to Gangtok for for those who do not want to be part of the busy Gangtok and looking for a relaxed stay.
- Destinations to visit for Tibetan Monasteries and Buddhist Heritage in India"Rumtek Monastery (4500 ft asl) is located 24 km from Gangtok. The monastery is the largest in Sikkim and was rebuilt in 1966 and is a major tourist attraction"
- Nearest Airport -Gangtok (30 kms), Bagdogra (120 kms)
- Nearest Railway Station - Darjeeling (93 kms), Kurseong (109 kms), Siliguri (110 kms)
- Rumtek is an Ex-Siliguri Getaway
Hotels approved and listed with Nivalink
|Type of Hotels||Count|
For Reviewing all Rumtek Hotels, rates, offers and making online reservation requests Click here
There are no Holiday found for Rumtek
For an itinerary customised to your tastes and preferences email to
email@example.com or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel planners.
For any other transport services for
email to firstname.lastname@example.org
or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel assistants.
Add Ons approved and listed with Nivalink.
3 Travel Ideas listed for Rumtek. Click here for reviewing them.
- Bamboo Resort getaway
- Martam Village experience
Festivals linked to Rumtek (Sikkim)
For expert insights and recommendations - email to