Ropar is categorised as Pilgrimage / Bird Watching
Reasons to Visit
- Ropar lies only 50 kms from Chandigarh base point for major pilgrimages such as Naina Devi, Anandpur Sahib and Chamkaur Sahib (16 kms).
- Ropar is base point to visit Bhakra dam in Nangal lies on the boundary with the neighbouring state of Himachal Pradesh.
- Ropar is home to Ropar Wetlands, home to large variety of resident and migratory birds.
- Devi Temples and Pilgrimages in North India"Ropar is base point to visit Anandpur Sahib (40 kms - Sikh Pilgrimage Centre) and Naina Devi (63 kms). Naina Devi is set on a hillock accessible by a cable car. Nainadevi is a major regional pilgrim centre and believed by many as one of the Shaktipeetha Temples. Nainadevi is typically visited enroute travelling from Chandigarh to Chintpurni."
- Bird watching Destinations in Punjab and Himachal Plains"Ropar Wetland or Ropar Lake, is a man-made freshwater riverine wetland at 60+ kms from Chandigarh. Around the area more than 150+ bird species have been recorded. Ropar Wetland (listed as Ropar Lake) as one of the Ramsar sites among the 21 sites listed under India. "
- Shaktipeetha Temples in North India"Naina Devi Temple is situated on a hilltop at about 60 kms North of Ropar overlooking the Gobind Sagar lake. Naina Devi Temple is significant regionally and is a well visited ex-Chandigarh (100 kms) throughout the year. Naina Devi Temple is also widely regarded as one of the Shakti Peetha temples."
- Destinations for Transit stay on Delhi - Manali route"Ropar (60 kms ahead of Chandigarh) on NH-21 offers a perfect mid-way for travellers on Delhi - Manali route (About 320 kms from Delhi and 260 kms from Manali). "
- Destinations visited part of Heritage Himachal and Punjab circuit"Bharatgarh near Ropar (20 kms) is renowned for its Fort and an experiential heritage hotel."
- Countryside Getaways of Punjab"Ropar is home to Ropar Wetlands and around which destination getaway retreat of Kikar Lodge is located offering travellers a wholesome countryside experience. "
- Nearest Airport -Chandigarh (44 kms), Ludhiana (74 kms), Jalandhar (105 kms)
- Nearest Railway Station - Ropar
- Ropar is an Ex-Chandigarh / Ex-Ludhiana / Ex-Jalandhar / Ex-Amritsar / Ex-Dehradun / Ex-New Delhi / Ex-Jammu / Ex-Noida / Ex-Faridabad / Ex-Gurgaon / Ex-Agra / Ex-Jaipur Getaway
- Ropar is connected by Day train with New Delhi, Chandigarh
- Ropar is connected by Overnight train with New Delhi, Kolkata
Hotels approved and listed with Nivalink
|Type of Hotels||Count|
For Reviewing all Ropar Hotels, rates, offers and making online reservation requests Click here
4 verified holiday itineraries are listed for Ropar
| Getaway (1-3 nights)||1|
|Holiday (7 or more)||3|
Click here - For reviewing summary, detailed itinerary, route map, access points, expert comments, departure dates (where applicable), rates and customisation options
- Himachal for the Adventure / Experiential / Off-beat traveller (9 Nights)
- Manali with Shoja and Ropar (7 Nights)
- Pilgrimage Itinerary- HP Temples and Gurudwaras - Jammu - Vaishnodevi - Golden Temple (8 Nights)
For an itinerary customised to your tastes and preferences email to
email@example.com or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel planners.
Ropar has 2 Transport services that can be booked online. Click here for reviewing and booking them.
Airport Pickup or Drop
|Services||Rates Starting From |
|Pickup/Drop between Chandigarh Airport and Ropar||Rs. 2776|
Railway Station Pickup or Drop
|Services||Rates Starting From |
|Pickup/Drop between Chandigarh Railway Station and Ropar||Rs. 2776|
For any other transport services for
email to firstname.lastname@example.org
or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel assistants.
Add Ons approved and listed with Nivalink.
Click here for Reviewing all Ropar Add Ons, rates and making online reservation requests.
|Services ||Rates Starting From|
|Zip Lining at Kikar||Rs. 1899|
5 Travel Ideas listed for Ropar. Click here for reviewing them.
- Nainadevi Pilgrimage
- Off-beat Himachal Pradesh
- Ropar Wetlands
Festivals linked to Ropar (Punjab)
For expert insights and recommendations - email to