Ratnagiri is categorised as Beachside
Reasons to Visit
- Ratnagiri is the largest town in coastal Maharashtra. The area is home to fishing, iron ore and bauxite mining related industries.
- Bhatye beach is just 3 kms away and has getaway resorts overlooking the sea and gets regular weekend tourists from Mumbai, Pune and Kolhapur.
- Ratnagiri is also the birthplace of the great freedom fighter Bal Gangadhar Tilak. Tilak Smarak, the house of Bal Gangadhar Tilak, is a popular landmark here which also houses a museum.
- Patit Pawan Mandir, the first temple built for non- Brahmins, is of regional importance here.
- Activities include Boat ride in the River / Arabian Sea
- Destinations for Transit stay on NH-17 - Mumbai - Goa highway"360 kms from Mumbai, Ratnagiri offers beach front resorts and is a popular stay option in transit for guests driving to Goa. Ratnagiri is only point on NH-17 where the highway is close to the coastal areas"
- Beachside Destinations visited ex-Mumbai and Pune"Ratnagiri (360 kms from Mumbai / 400 kms from Pune) is a renowned beach getaway and visited for its beaches, watersports and range of sightseeing options. Ratnagiri has simple to premium resorts and is a popular beach getaway over long weekends (Popularly accessed from Mumbai by train)."
- Most Idyllic Beaches of Konkan (Coastal Maharashtra)"Ratnagiri is the largest town in Coastal Maharahstra. Beaches near Ratnagiri such as Bhatye beach has mid-segment and premium resorts offering Idyllic beaches and watersports. Ratnagiri is a popular train getaway ex-Mumbai and visited as part of coastal maharashtra driving itinerary.."
- Airports and Access Points in Maharashtra"Ratnagiri Railway station offers a convenient access point to visit Industrial areas and beaches of Ratnagiri and beach getaway -pilgrimage of Ganapatipule (30 kms)"
- Industrial Townships of Maharashtra"Ratnagiri is lagest town of Coastal Maharashtra. The Jaitapur Nuclear Power Project is located in Ratnagiri district. LNG Terminial is being setup here.
- Nearest Airport -Kolhapur (135 kms), Belgaum (250 kms), Dabolim (258 kms)
- Nearest Railway Station - Ratnagiri
- Ratnagiri is an Ex-Kolhapur / Ex-Panjim / Ex-Belgaum / Ex-Navi Mumbai / Ex-Hubli / Ex-Pune / Ex-Mumbai / Ex-Thane / Ex-Nashik / Ex-Aurangabad Getaway
- Ratnagiri is connected by Day train with Mumbai, Pune
- Ratnagiri is connected by Overnight train with New Delhi, Ahmedabad, Cochin (Ernakulam), Mumbai, Chandigarh, Jaipur
- Ratnagiri is connected by Overnight Bus with Mumbai, Pune
Hotels approved and listed with Nivalink
|Type of Hotels||Count|
For Reviewing all Ratnagiri Hotels, rates, offers and making online reservation requests Click here
There are no Holiday found for Ratnagiri
For an itinerary customised to your tastes and preferences email to
firstname.lastname@example.org or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel planners.
Ratnagiri has 7 Transport services that can be booked online. Click here for reviewing and booking them.
|Services||Rates Starting From |
|Day sightseeing Ganapatipule with Ratnagiri and back||Rs. 3051|
|Day sightseeing Ratnagiri with Ganapatipule and back||Rs. 2445|
Railway Station Pickup or Drop
|Services||Rates Starting From |
|Pickup/Drop between Ratnagiri Railway Station and Hotel at Bhatye Beach||Rs. 939|
|Pickup/Drop between Ratnagiri Railway Station and Hotel in Ambolgad||Rs. 2348|
|Pickup/Drop between Ratnagiri Railway Station and Hotel in Bhandarpule||Rs. 1761|
|Pickup/Drop between Ratnagiri Railway Station and Hotel in Ganpatipule||Rs. 1667|
|Pickup/Drop between Ratnagiri Railway Station and Hotel in Malgund||Rs. 1761|
For any other transport services for
email to email@example.com
or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel assistants.
Add Ons approved and listed with Nivalink.
4 Travel Ideas listed for Ratnagiri. Click here for reviewing them.
- Holiday Ideas Goa plus Something else
- Konkan Coastal Maharashtra Drive
- Ratnagiri Getaway
- Ratnasagar Beach Resort – A Beach getaway
For expert insights and recommendations - email to