Rangdum is categorised as Adventure / Remote Himalayas
Rangdum Monastery - Photo Courtesy Hanon JP
Reasons to Visit
- Rangdum is an isolated region of the Suru valley in the Ladakh region.
- Rangdum is located midway between Kargil and Padum and is about 100 kms from Kargil.
- Chief attraction of Rangdum is an imposing 18th century Buddhist monastery with about 40 monks in residence.
- Rangdum also serves as an important trekking base. The most popular trek from here leads to Henaskut near Lamayuru, across the spectacular gorge of the kanji valley. This 5-day trek also forms the last leg of the two week - long trans-Himalayan traverse between Kashmir and Ladakh.
- Destinations to visit for Experiential Travellers to Ladakh"Mid-way between Kagril (130 kms) and Padum (110 kms) and Part of Zanskar Valley which is one of the most inaccessible areas in India and one that offers interesting cultural insight for experiential travellers."
- Remote Himalayan Destinations for Experiential Travellers"Rangdum is an isolated region of the Suru valley in the Ladakh region. Exploration around Rangdum typically happens on a trek. There are trekking routes that take one upto Lamayuru traversing several remote villages enroute."
- Rangdum does not have any major Airport or Railway Station nearby. Therefore its possible it is a remote destination and is required to visit as a part of an itinerary.
- Nearest destination to Rangdum is Padum (110 kms)
Hotels approved and listed with Nivalink
1 verified holiday itineraries are listed for Rangdum
|Holiday (7 or more)||1|
Click here - For reviewing summary, detailed itinerary, route map, access points, expert comments, departure dates (where applicable), rates and customisation options
- Ladakh and Kashmir with Zanskar Valley (16 Nights)
For an itinerary customised to your tastes and preferences email to
email@example.com or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel planners.
For any other transport services for
email to firstname.lastname@example.org
or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel assistants.
Add Ons approved and listed with Nivalink.
2 Travel Ideas listed for Rangdum. Click here for reviewing them.
- Ladakh Experience
- Padum - Hemis Trek - Trekking in Ladakh
For expert insights and recommendations - email to