Pelling is categorised as Pilgrimage / Bird Watching / Hillside Hamlet
Reasons to Visit
- Pelling located in West Sikkim (6800 ft) is mainly for Himalayan views and monasteries, most notably being the Pemangyetse Monastery.
- Pelling offers magnificent view of the snow-capped mountains of Kanchenjunga (Oct-March).
- Pelling offers quiet stays and nearby Yuksom area is base point of many treks in the area.
- Pelling is home to experiential village stays and nature centric resort offering quiet hillside experience.
- West Sikkim is home to many birds and the area is now visited regularly by Bird
- Destinations to visit for Tibetan Monasteries and Buddhist Heritage in India"Pelling (6000+ ft asl) is home to a Buddhist circuit comprising The Pemayangtse Monastery, Dubdi Monastery, Norbugang Chorten, Tashiding Monastery, the Rabdentse ruins, the Sanga Choeling Monastery, and the Khecheopalri Lake. There are number of significant monasteries in Kewzing area (40 kms) such as Dalling Monastery and Kewzing monastery"
- Wildlife and Bird watching Destinations in East and North East India"Kewzing is an area near Pelling from where bird watchers approach different bird watching areas. Barsey Rododendron Sanctuary (West Sikkim) is home to many birds and Sikkim Red Pandas. Maenam wildlife sanctuary is also home to the rare beautiful state animal of Sikkim the Red Panda. Lakes around Pelling are home to good number of birds in Winter. Best time to Visit - Oct - May"
- Destinations in West Bengal Hills and Sikkim for the Holiday Traveller"Pelling (6000+ ft asl - 120 kms from Darjeeling) in West Sikkim is a hamlet renowned for holy lakes, ancient monasteries, view points and mountain views. Pelling is preferred for a 2 night stay in Winter for its Himalayan views. "
- Nearest Airport -Gangtok (110 kms), Bagdogra (139 kms)
- Nearest Railway Station - Darjeeling (118 kms), Kurseong (125 kms), Siliguri (126 kms)
- Pelling is an Ex-Siliguri Getaway
Hotels approved and listed with Nivalink
|Type of Hotels||Count|
For Reviewing all Pelling Hotels, rates, offers and making online reservation requests Click here
8 verified holiday itineraries are listed for Pelling
| Short Break (4-6 nights)||1|
|Holiday (7 or more)||7|
Click here - For reviewing summary, detailed itinerary, route map, access points, expert comments, departure dates (where applicable), rates and customisation options
- Best of Darjeeling Sikkim - Darjeeling Short break (6 Nights)
- Best of Darjeeling Sikkim with Lachung (9 Nights)
- Best of Darjeeling Sikkim with North Sikkim (10 Nights)
- Best of Darjeeling Sikkim with North Sikkim and Kalimpong (10 Nights)
- Best of Sikkim - Darjeeling with Kalimpong (7 Nights)
- Best of Sikkim with Lachung (7 Nights)
- Comprehensive Darjeeling - Sikkim (7 Nights)
- Comprehensive Sikkim and Darjeeling with Kalimpong (8 Nights)
For an itinerary customised to your tastes and preferences email to
email@example.com or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel planners.
Pelling has 2 Transport services that can be booked online. Click here for reviewing and booking them.
Point to Point Transport
|Services||Rates Starting From |
|Pickup from Bagdogra and Drop to Pelling||Rs. 4107|
|Pickup from Gangtok and Drop to Pelling||Rs. 3521|
For any other transport services for
email to firstname.lastname@example.org
or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel assistants.
Add Ons approved and listed with Nivalink.
9 Travel Ideas listed for Pelling. Click here for reviewing them.
- Barsey Rhododendron Sanctuary Experience
- Bird watching in Kewzing area
- Bird watching in West Sikkim
- Monasteries of West Sikkim
- Pelling Getaway
- Elgin Mt Pandim experience
- Norbu Ghang Resort experience
Festivals linked to Pelling (Sikkim)
- Jorethang Mela
- Lhabab Duchen (07 Nov 2020)
For expert insights and recommendations - email to