Parasnath is categorised as Pilgrimage
Reasons to Visit
- Shikharji also known as the Parasnath Hill is a major Jain pilgrimage destination and considered one of the most sacred places for Jains in the world.
- According to Jainism, 20 out of 24 Tirthankaras attained Nirvana here.
- Parasnath Hill at a height of 1,350 metres (4,430 ft) is the highest mountain in Jharkhand
- Also known as Sammed Sikhar or Sammet Shikhar, the ‘peak of concentration’, because 20 out of 24 Tirthankaras attained mok?a through samadhi or meditative concentration at this location
- Jain Pilgrimages of Eastern India"Parasnath or Shikharji is the most significant pilgrimage in Jainism. It is believed that twenty of the twenty-four Tirthankaras attained Moksha (Nirvana) from Shikharji. Shikharji is a standalone pilgrimage and must do for any Jain pilgrim once in a lifetime."
- Nearest Airport -Durgapur (150 kms), Bodhgaya (160 kms), Gaya (160 kms)
- Nearest Railway Station - Parasnath
- Parasnath is an Ex-Kolkata Getaway
- Parasnath is connected by Day train with Kolkata
- Parasnath is connected by Overnight train with New Delhi, Kolkata, Pune, Mumbai, Lucknow, Chandigarh, Ahmedabad
Hotels approved and listed with Nivalink
|Type of Hotels||Count|
For Reviewing all Parasnath Hotels, rates, offers and making online reservation requests Click here
There are no Holiday found for Parasnath
For an itinerary customised to your tastes and preferences email to
email@example.com or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel planners.
For any other transport services for
email to firstname.lastname@example.org
or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel assistants.
Add Ons approved and listed with Nivalink.
2 Travel Ideas listed for Parasnath. Click here for reviewing them.
- Sammet Shikhar Pilgrimage
Festivals linked to Parasnath (Jharkhand)
For expert insights and recommendations - email to