Pangong Lake is categorised as Lakeside / Remote Himalayas
Reasons to Visit
- Pangong Lake is situated at about 14,200 feet and is the world’s highest saltwater lake.
- Pangong Lake is almost 150 km long with just one third of it in India (Other side being in China).
- Enroute to Pangong Lake, one passes Third Highest Motorable road in the world
- Pangong Lake acquired a lot of attention with Aamir Khan super hit movie "3 Idiots" where it was the location of the climax.
- The landscape in the backdrop of the Pangong Lake makes it a one of a kind experience.
- Inner Line permit is not required for Indian Nationals to visit Pangong from 1st May 2014 onwards There are camps setup on the banks of the Pangong lake for accommodation Pangong Lake is accessible and visited by tourists in June - Sept Period.
- Remote Destinations offering exceptional Himalayan Views"Pangong Lake (15000+ ft asl) lies in the remotest corner of Ladakh (120 kms from leh - 5 hours) and is blessed with exceptional Lakeside and Himalayan views. Pangong Lake is a destination for photographers and experiential travellers to arrive for witnessing exceptional natural beauty. Open during Mid-May to Mid-Oct"
- Destinations to visit for Holiday Travellers to Ladakh"Pangong is a high altitude lake set at about 15000 ft asl and is where climax of Bollywood super hit feature film "3 Idiots" was filmed. Eversince Pangong is hit with holiday travellers for a day visit ex-Leh (140 kms) or an overnight stay. Typical Stay - 1 night"
- Nearest Airport -Leh (150 kms)
Hotels approved and listed with Nivalink
|Type of Hotels||Count|
|Adventure / Camp||8|
For Reviewing all Pangong Lake Hotels, rates, offers and making online reservation requests Click here
14 verified holiday itineraries are listed for Pangong Lake
| Short Break (4-6 nights)||4|
|Holiday (7 or more)||10|
Click here - For reviewing summary, detailed itinerary, route map, access points, expert comments, departure dates (where applicable), rates and customisation options
- Amazing Ladakh (6 Nights)
- Journey of Ladakh via Kargil (7 Nights)
- Journey of Ladakh via Manali (6 Nights)
- Journey to Ladakh Air Package (Ex-Delhi) (6 Nights)
- Best of Ladakh Air Package (Ex-Delhi) (7 Nights)
- Best of Ladakh with Turtuk (7 Nights)
- Calls of Mountains (7 Nights)
- Complete Ladakh with Tsomoriri (8 Nights)
- Highlights of Ladakh (9 Nights)
- Journey of Ladakh via Kargil with Uley (7 Nights)
- Journey to Ladakh Air Package (Ex-Mumbai) (7 Nights)
- Ladakh and Kashmir with Zanskar Valley (16 Nights)
- Memorable Journey to Ladakh (9 Nights)
- Return trip to Srinagar (8 Nights)
For an itinerary customised to your tastes and preferences email to
email@example.com or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel planners.
Pangong Lake has 3 Transport services that can be booked online. Click here for reviewing and booking them.
Car On Disposal
|Services||Rates Starting From |
|Pickup from Leh and drop to Jammu (in 2 days)||Rs. 27435|
|Visit from Leh to Pangong Lake / Spangmik and return on Day 2||Rs. 10875|
|Services||Rates Starting From |
|Leh to Pangong Lake Day visit and back||Rs. 9135|
For any other transport services for
email to firstname.lastname@example.org
or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel assistants.
Add Ons approved and listed with Nivalink.
4 Travel Ideas listed for Pangong Lake. Click here for reviewing them.
- Bird Watching in Ladakh
- Pangong Lake Experience
- Photography in Ladakh
- Wildlife in Ladakh
For expert insights and recommendations - email to