Nuwara Eliya is categorised as Plantations
Reasons to Visit
- Nuwara Eliya is home to plantation highlands in the Central Province, Sri Lanka.
- The slow-growing tea bushes of Nuwara Eliya produce some of the world's finest Orange Pekoe tea, and several tea factories around Nuwara Eliya offer guided tours and the opportunity to sample or purchase their products.
- Nuwara Eliya is set at 5500 ft asl (same as Munnar in Kerala, India) and it overlooks Pidurutalagala, the tallest mountain in Sri Lanka.
- Nuwara Eliya is home to colonial heritage style hotels offering plantation views all around
- Nuwara Eliya is surrounded by Waterfalls, Bird watching sites and National parks
- Nuwara Eliya is also surrounded by a Temple with Ramayana era significance
- Nearest Airport -Colombo (161 kms)
Hotels approved and listed with Nivalink
2 verified holiday itineraries are listed for Nuwara Eliya
| Short Break (4-6 nights)||1|
|Holiday (7 or more)||1|
Click here - For reviewing summary, detailed itinerary, route map, access points, expert comments, departure dates (where applicable), rates and customisation options
- Ramayana Tour of Sri Lanka (6 Nights)
- The Serendipity Tour (7 Nights)
For an itinerary customised to your tastes and preferences email to
email@example.com or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel planners.
For any other transport services for
email to firstname.lastname@example.org
or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel assistants.
Add Ons approved and listed with Nivalink.
2 Travel Ideas listed for Nuwara Eliya. Click here for reviewing them.
- Travel to Sri Lanka – Summary in a nutshell
- UNESCO World Heritage Sites of Sri Lanka
For expert insights and recommendations - email to