Ngorongoro is categorised as Wildlife
Ngorongoro Crater - Photo Courtesy Bjørn Christian Tørrissen
Reasons to Visit
- The Ngorongoro Crater is often called Africa's Eden and the 8th Natural Wonder of the World
- A visit to the crater is a main drawcard for tourists coming to Tanzania and a definite world-class attraction.
- Within the crater rim, large herds of zebra and wildebeest graze nearby while sleeping lions laze in the sun.
- At dawn, the endangered black rhino returns to the thick cover of the crater forests after grazing on dew-laden grass in the morning mist.
- Ngorongoro Conservation Area includes its eponymous famous crater, Olduvai Gorge, and huge expanses of highland plains, scrub bush, and forests that cover approximately 8300 sq kms.
- Olduvai Gorge, where the Leakeys discovered the hominoid remains of a 1.8 million year old skeleton of Australopithecus boisei, one of the distinct links of the human evolutionary chain.
- Nearest Airport -Arusha (190 kms), Nairobi (410 kms), Zanzibar (890 kms)
Hotels approved and listed with Nivalink
1 verified holiday itineraries are listed for Ngorongoro
| Short Break (4-6 nights)||1|
Click here - For reviewing summary, detailed itinerary, route map, access points, expert comments, departure dates (where applicable), rates and customisation options
- Tanzania Wildlife Break (5 Nights)
For an itinerary customised to your tastes and preferences email to
firstname.lastname@example.org or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel planners.
For any other transport services for
email to email@example.com
or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel assistants.
Add Ons approved and listed with Nivalink.
1 Travel Ideas listed for Ngorongoro. Click here for reviewing them.
- Ngorongoro Crater Experience
For expert insights and recommendations - email to