Nanded is categorised as Pilgrimage
Reasons to Visit
- Nanded is a Sikh Pilgrim destination being home to the Huzur Sahib Sachkhand Gurudwara, and one of the five takhts of Sikhism
- Nanded is the burial place of Guru Govind Singh, the 10th and the last Guru of the Sikhs
- Nanded is the second largest city in the Marathwada region of Maharashtra,.Situated on the banks of the Godavari River.
- Nanded is base point to visit Aundha Nagnath and Parli Baidyanath, Lord Shiva temples and considered by many as one of 12 Jyotirlinga temples of Lord Shiva.
- Shakti Peetha temple at Mahur can also be visited from Nanded
- Major Sikh Pilgrimage Destinations in India"Nanded is a major Sikh pilgrimage centre and home to Sach Khand Huzur Sahib Gurdwara, the place where Guru Govind Singh's ashes were buried. Some of the sacred relics of Guru Gobind Singh are also preserved here. This is also one of the Five Takhts of Sikhism and therefore most important from pilgrimage perspective.
- Destinations to visit Jyotirlinga Temples of Lord Shiva"Nanded (Maharashtra) is base point to visit Nagnath Temple at Aundha (64 kms) and Baidyanath Temple at Parli (100 kms). Both these temples are believed to be one of the 12 Jyotilinga Temples of Lord Shiva"
- Airports and Access Points in Maharashtra"Nanded Airport and Railway station offers a convenient access point to visit Hazur Sahib Gurudwara, Aundha Nagnath Temple (64 kms), Mahurgarh (120 kms) and Parli Baidyanath (103 kms). "
- Most Visited Pilgrim destinations in Maharashtra"Nanded is a renowned Sikh Pilgrimage destination being home to Sri Hazur Sahib Gurudwara (one of the Five Takhs of Sikhism) and from where Aundha (64 kms) and Parli (100 kms) can be visited (Aundha and Parli are home to renowned Lord Shiva Temples that are believed by many to be one of the 12 Jyotirlinga Temples of Lord Shiva in India. Mahurgarh, a Shaktipeetha temple can also be day visited from Nanded (120 kms)."
- Industrial Townships of Maharashtra"Nanded is the second largest city Marathawada region after Aurangabad and Nanded MIDC is home to many small and medium scale industries.
- Nearest Airport -Nanded
- Nearest Railway Station - Nanded
- Nanded is an Ex-Aurangabad / Ex-Hyderabad / Ex-Nagpur / Ex-Nashik / Ex-Pune / Ex-Kolhapur Getaway
- Nanded is connected by Air with Mumbai, New Delhi, Hyderabad, Chandigarh
- Nanded is connected by Day train with Pune, Mumbai, Hyderabad
- Nanded is connected by Overnight train with Bangalore, Pune, Ahmedabad, Chennai, Cochin (Ernakulam), Jaipur, Kolkata, Mumbai, New Delhi, Hyderabad, Chandigarh
- Nanded is connected by Day bus with Mumbai, Hyderabad
- Nanded is connected by Overnight Bus with Pune, Mumbai, Hyderabad
Hotels approved and listed with Nivalink
|Type of Hotels||Count|
For Reviewing all Nanded Hotels, rates, offers and making online reservation requests Click here
8 verified holiday itineraries are listed for Nanded
| Getaway (1-3 nights)||2|
| Short Break (4-6 nights)||3|
|Holiday (7 or more)||3|
Click here - For reviewing summary, detailed itinerary, route map, access points, expert comments, departure dates (where applicable), rates and customisation options
- Five Jyotirlinga with Shirdi (Ex-Mumbai / Pune) (3 Nights)
- Nanded Pilgrim Getaway (2 Nights)
- 7 Jyotirlinga Temples with Shirdi (6 Nights)
- Maharashtra Jyotirlingas with Ashtavinayak and Shirdi (6 Nights)
- Three and a half Shakti Peethas in Maharashtra (4 Nights)
- 9 Jyotirlinga Temples with Dwarka and Shirdi (8 Nights)
- Maharashtra Pilgrimage Itinerary (7 Nights)
- Maharashtra Pilgrimage Itinerary with Ashtavinayak (9 Nights)
For an itinerary customised to your tastes and preferences email to
email@example.com or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel planners.
Nanded has 2 Transport services that can be booked online. Click here for reviewing and booking them.
|Services||Rates Starting From |
|Day Visit Nanded to Parli Vaijnath and back||Rs. 4107|
Railway Station Pickup or Drop
|Services||Rates Starting From |
|Pickup/Drop between Nanded Railway Station and Nanded||Rs. 667|
For any other transport services for
email to firstname.lastname@example.org
or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel assistants.
Add Ons approved and listed with Nivalink.
6 Travel Ideas listed for Nanded. Click here for reviewing them.
- Aundha Jyotirlinga Pilgrimage
- Mahurgad Pilgrimage
- Nanded Pilgrimage
- Nanded Sikh pilgrimage centre
- Parli Jyotirlinga Pilgrimage
- Three and a half Shakti Peeth of Goddess Shakti in Maharashtra
For expert insights and recommendations - email to