Namchi is categorised as Pilgrimage / Hillside Hamlet
Reasons to Visit
- Namchi is a hillside hamlet offering panoramic view of the snow capped mountains (Oct - March).
- Namchi lies in close proximity to Namchi Monastery and Samdruptse pilgrim centre
- Namchi is fast becoming a major tourist spot and pilgrim centre with several monastery and monuments of importance around here.
- Destinations to visit for Tibetan Monasteries and Buddhist Heritage in India"Samdruptse near Namchi (13 kms) has world's highest statue (135 ft) of Buddha (Guru Padmasambhava). Other prominent monasteries in the area are Namchi Monastery, Ermoik Monastery situated above Singtam (25 kms), Simik Monastery near Singtam town (25 kms)"
- Offbeat Destinations in West Bengal Hills and Sikkim"A hillside hamlet in South Sikkim offering panoramic view of the snow capped mountains (Oct - March). Namchi lies in close proximity to Namchi Monastery and Samdruptse pilgrim centre. Namchi is where guests arrives for a quiet hillside getaway."
- Nearest Airport -Gangtok (75 kms), Bagdogra (98 kms)
- Nearest Railway Station - Darjeeling (73 kms), Kurseong (90 kms), Siliguri (90 kms)
- Namchi is an Ex-Siliguri Getaway
Hotels approved and listed with Nivalink
There are no Holiday found for Namchi
For an itinerary customised to your tastes and preferences email to
email@example.com or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel planners.
Namchi has 2 Transport services that can be booked online. Click here for reviewing and booking them.
Point to Point Transport
|Services||Rates Starting From |
|Pickup from Bagdogra and Drop to Namchi||Rs. 5280|
|Pickup from Gangtok and Drop to Namchi||Rs. 3521|
For any other transport services for
email to firstname.lastname@example.org
or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel assistants.
Add Ons approved and listed with Nivalink.
3 Travel Ideas listed for Namchi. Click here for reviewing them.
- Monasteries of South and South West Sikkim
- Seven Hill Resort getaway
Festivals linked to Namchi (Sikkim)
For expert insights and recommendations - email to