Nalanda is categorised as Pilgrimage
Nalanda Temple Escavations
Reasons to Visit
- Nalanda, the renowned erstwhile center of Buddhist learning came in prominence during 5th to 12th century
- Visited several times by the Buddha during his lifetime.
- Chinese scholar and traveler Hiuen Tsang stayed here in the 7th century and has left an elaborate description of the excellence and purity of monastic life practiced here.
- 2,000 teachers and 10,000 students from all over the Buddhist world lived and studied in this international university.
- Escavations here are visited by the Buddhist travellers to the Buddhist Circuit.
- Visited for the Shanti Stupa, situated atop a hill, accessible via a Cable car ride
- Buddhist Heritage Destinations In India"Nalanda near Rajgir is renowned erstwhile center of Buddhist learning came in prominence during 5th to 12th century. Nalanda was visited several times by the Buddha during his lifetime. Shanti Stupa at Rajgir is also visited alongwith a Nalanda visit."
- Nearest Airport -Gaya (69 kms), Bodhgaya (76 kms), Patna (82 kms)
- Nearest Railway Station - Nalanda
- Nalanda is connected by Overnight train with New Delhi, Kolkata, Lucknow
Hotels approved and listed with Nivalink
|Type of Hotels||Count|
For Reviewing all Nalanda Hotels, rates, offers and making online reservation requests Click here
There are no Holiday found for Nalanda
For an itinerary customised to your tastes and preferences email to
firstname.lastname@example.org or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel planners.
Nalanda has 1 Transport services that can be booked online. Click here for reviewing and booking them.
|Services||Rates Starting From |
|Day visit Gaya to Rajgir and Nalanda and back||Rs. 4313|
For any other transport services for
email to email@example.com
or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel assistants.
Add Ons approved and listed with Nivalink.
For expert insights and recommendations - email to
Special features listings for destinations within 50 kms of nalanda