Nakhatrana is categorised as Bird Watching / Getaways
Reasons to Visit
- Nakhatrana lies 60 kms North of Bhuj and is central to Pilgrimage, bird watching and craft centres of Bhuj.
- Nakhatrana is base point to visit Banni Grassland (20 kms), Chhari Dhand Wetland Reserve (30 kms)and prime bird watching areas of Greater Rann of Kutch.
- North Kutch (Banni Areas) are 60 kms away, West Kutch (Lakhpat / Mata-no-Madh) pilgrimage centres are located 50-70 kms and North-West Kutch (Chari Lake) for Bird watching is 30 kms away.
- South Kutch (Mandvi / Tera / Naliya Bustard Sanctuary) are about 50-70 kms away.
- Major Sikh Pilgrimage Destinations in India"Lakhpat near Nakhatrana (Kutch) has religious significance for Sikhism as Guru Nanak, the founder of Sikhism, reportedly camped here on his journey to Mecca."
- Significant Pilgrimages in Kutchh region of Gujarat"Nakhatrana is base point to visit Narayan Sarovar (102 kms), Mata No Madh (44 kms), Koteshwar (104 kms) and Lakhpat (84 kms from Bhuj). Mata No Madh is a popular Devi temple (Ashapura Temple). Narayan Sarovar is one of the most sacred pilgrimage lakes in Hinduism. Lakhpat is a Sikh pilgrim centre. Koteshwar Temple near Lakhpat is a popular and well visited Shiva Temple in the region. These are typically day visited from Nakhatrana."
- Popular Destinations in and around Gujarat"Prime destination of Kutch for holiday travellers. Kutch is central to sightseeing that includes Mandvi beach, Pilgrimage areas and from where white desert can be day visited . Its proximity to Bird watching areas of Banni Grasslands makes it more attractive for bird watchers."
- Craft Heritage Destinations in Gujarat"Nakhatrana is base point to visit Banni grasslands and villages. Nirona, 30 km east of Nakhatrana has embroidery, lacquered wood crafts, wood carving and where one can find rogan painting. Nakhtarana itself lies in heart of the craft village belt, produces some tie-dye work."
- Prime Bird watching destinations in Gujarat"Nakhatrana (50 kms from Bhuj) is set around Banni Grasslands (3000+ sq kms) , an open sparsely populated area with Lakes, Bushes and open desert. Banni Grasslands are prime bird watching sites. In 4 safaris around the area one can sight as much as 150 varieties of migratory and not so common birds such as Striolated buting, Grey Hypocolius, Grey Napped Tit, Small Minivet, Common Iora, Lesser & Greater Flamingos, Painted Sandgrouse etc. "
- Nearest Airport -Bhuj (51 kms), Gandhidham (108 kms), Rajkot (290 kms)
- Nearest Railway Station - Bhuj (51 kms), Gandhidham (108 kms), Wankaner (257 kms)
- Nakhatrana is an Ex-Gandhidham / Ex-Rajkot / Ex-Jamnagar / Ex-Ahmedabad / Ex-Bhavnagar / Ex-Vadodara Getaway
Hotels approved and listed with Nivalink
|Type of Hotels||Count|
For Reviewing all Nakhatrana Hotels, rates, offers and making online reservation requests Click here
5 verified holiday itineraries are listed for Nakhatrana
| Getaway (1-3 nights)||3|
| Short Break (4-6 nights)||1|
|Holiday (7 or more)||1|
Click here - For reviewing summary, detailed itinerary, route map, access points, expert comments, departure dates (where applicable), rates and customisation options
- Nakhatrana Bird Watching Getaway (2 Nights)
- Nakhatrana Experiential Getaway (3 Nights)
- Nakhatrana Extended Getaway (3 Nights)
- Nakhatrana - Mandvi Experiential Break (4 Nights)
- Gujarat Bird Watching Itinerary (9 Nights)
For an itinerary customised to your tastes and preferences email to
email@example.com or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel planners.
Nakhatrana has 1 Transport services that can be booked online. Click here for reviewing and booking them.
Point to Point Transport
|Services||Rates Starting From |
|Bhuj Pickup and Drop to Nakhatrana||Rs. 4224|
For any other transport services for
email to firstname.lastname@example.org
or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel assistants.
Add Ons approved and listed with Nivalink.
6 Travel Ideas listed for Nakhatrana. Click here for reviewing them.
- Bird Watching in Greater Rann of Kutch
- Craft Villages around Bhuj
- Hindu Pilgrimage In Kutch – Narayan Sarovar & Koteshwar Temple
- Kutch Experience
- Lakhpat - Sikh Pilgrimage In Kutch
Festivals linked to Nakhatrana (Gujarat)
For expert insights and recommendations - email to