Nainital is categorised as Hill Station / Lakeside
Reasons to Visit
- Nainital is colonial era hill station (6500+ ft asl) that is set around the lake Naini.
- Nainital offers good weather in summer and a popular ex-Delhi weekend Getaway.
- Nainital is base point for guests to visit lakes of Bhimtal / Sattal / Naukuchiatal (20 kms - 3500-4000 ft asl), Himalayan hamlets of Ramgarh (25 kms), Mukteshwar (50 kms) & Almora (68 kms) and Cantonment town of Ranikhet (55 kms).
- Nainital has several Summer palaces / heritage homes that are now converted into fine heritage hotels and are recommended for a charming stay experience.
- Nainital is like any other hill station cramped for space and the experience here is fairly touristy in nature (Boating, cable car, Zoo, view points etc.). It snows in Nainital in Winter. Guests who seek lake experience alongwith the stay, must opt for Bhimtal / Sattal / Naukuchiatal instead of Nainital (as hardly any hotel has any kind of clear lake view from rooms at Nainital). Guests interested in Bird watching should opt for Pangot which is about 15 kms from Nainital. Guests who are looking for a relaxed homely stay should opt for one of the stays at Gethia or Nathuakhan or around that area.
- Popular Hill Stations of India"Nainital is a popular lakeside hill station (6500+ ft asl) in Kumaon area. Guests here explore high altitude zoo, cable car, boating and excursions to nearby lakeside and hillside areas. "
- Colonial Heritage Hill Stations of India"British discovered Nainital in mid-19th century. A number of "European" schools for boys and girls were founded in Nainital thereafter. Nainital became home to summer retreats of Maharajas that were serving under British rule. Nainital today is a crowded holiday destination. The Summer Palaces (now fine heritage hotels), Raj Bhawan and the Church offer flavour of the colonial past. "
- Destinations for Holiday Travellers to Uttarakhand"Nainital (6500+ ft asl - 70+ kms from Corbett) is a prime hill station and a renowned getaway. Nainital wears a crowded lakeside hill station character and is popular with mid-segment holiday travellers and Summer travellers looking for Salubrious climate. Nainital is also good for a day visits to nearby areas of Ramgarh (30 kms), Muktshwar (50 kms), Pangot (15 kms), Ranikhet (55 kms), Almora (68 kms) and Bhimtal / Sattal / Naukuchiatal (20+ kms). So depending on these excursions, holiday travel"
- Lakeside Getaways of Kumaon in Uttarakhand"Nainital (6000+ ft asl) is a touristy hill station and a popular ex-Delhi getaway for family travellers looking for touristy activities and sightseeing."
- Nearest Airport -Pantnagar (65 kms), Bareily (130 kms), Pithoragarh (180 kms)
- Nearest Railway Station - Kathgodam (24 kms), Haldwani (31 kms), Rudrapur (62 kms)
- Nainital is an Ex-Noida / Ex-Dehradun / Ex-New Delhi / Ex-Faridabad / Ex-Gurgaon / Ex-Agra / Ex-Lucknow / Ex-Kanpur / Ex-Gwalior / Ex-Chandigarh / Ex-Ludhiana Getaway
Hotels approved and listed with Nivalink
|Type of Hotels||Count|
For Reviewing all Nainital Hotels, rates, offers and making online reservation requests Click here
7 verified holiday itineraries are listed for Nainital
| Getaway (1-3 nights)||1|
| Short Break (4-6 nights)||1|
|Holiday (7 or more)||5|
Click here - For reviewing summary, detailed itinerary, route map, access points, expert comments, departure dates (where applicable), rates and customisation options
- Nainital Extended Getaway (3 Nights)
- Corbett Nainital Break (5 Nights)
- Best of Garhwal and Kumaon (10 Nights)
- Best of Kumaon (7 Nights)
- Complete Kumaon Itinerary (8 Nights)
- Popular destinations of Uttarakhand (8 Nights)
- Popular destinations of Uttarakhand with Rishikesh (8 Nights)
For an itinerary customised to your tastes and preferences email to
firstname.lastname@example.org or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel planners.
Nainital has 3 Transport services that can be booked online. Click here for reviewing and booking them.
Point to Point Transport
|Services||Rates Starting From |
|Pickup from Moradabad and Drop to Nainital||Rs. 2889|
Railway Station Pickup or Drop
|Services||Rates Starting From |
|Car hire - Transfer between Dhikuli / Jhirna and Pangot / Nainital||Rs. 2348|
|Pickup/Drop between Kathgodam Railway Station and Hotel in Nainital||Rs. 1334|
For any other transport services for
email to email@example.com
or call +91-22-61506363 to speak to our travel assistants.
Add Ons approved and listed with Nivalink.
Click here for Reviewing all Nainital Add Ons, rates and making online reservation requests.
|Services ||Rates Starting From|
|Full Day Guided Bird Watching in Bhimtal / Sattal||Rs. 2500|
5 Travel Ideas listed for Nainital. Click here for reviewing them.
- Golf in Nainital
- Nainital Summer / Monsoon Getaway
- Nainital Winter Getaway
- Abbots Ford-Prasada Bhawan Experience
- Naini Retreat, Nainital-A Spa Getaway
For expert insights and recommendations - email to